Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore - Can't import scores from Nook to PC using App Export

CHA-LEE

As I have stated before, this bug needs to be fixed. The match data should upload successfully from a Nook to the PC using the App Exporter program.

I ran into this same failure again yesterday at our club match. This was a 47 shooter 6 stage match. Which I would hardly consider a "big" match with enough match data to overwhelm a nook.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After syncing 7 nooks to our master nook I then export the match to an SD card, Put the card in my PC, file names are there, but no data, delete, repeat, maybe 4-6 times. then SURPRISE, files appear. This is for reg.txt as well as the .zip files. The exporter app sometimes finds the units and files, and on rare occasion connects with the nook, but I think only once has the data been transferred.

What is puzzling is that repeating the exact same steps that fail, eventually succeeds. Nd they say that insanity is doing the same things over but expecting different results.

Don't know what to tell you there, Jim. I just did the same thing and it worked. Tap sync (this is 1.2.0), tap 'export match registration', tap 'save to sd card', it comes back and says 'the reg.txt file is located as /sdcard/practiscore/ezwinscore/. Tap 'export match stages & scores', 'save to sd card', 'the ezwinscoreexport.zip file is located at /sdcard/practiscore/ezwinscore'. And the files all have data in them the first time.

I AM somewhat bemused as to why my shooters have to be in a squad before they'll export; squad 0 isn't good enough. That seems useless.

So what I am hearing here is that I have to come up with a couple hundred more to get an Ipad to make this painless. Is there any chance that a better routine will be incorporated into the basic program so that we all that are not Iproduct owners don't have to spend???

No. The android version should look and perform exactly the same as the ios version and vice versa.

As I have stated before, this bug needs to be fixed. The match data should upload successfully from a Nook to the PC using the App Exporter program.

I ran into this same failure again yesterday at our club match. This was a 47 shooter 6 stage match. Which I would hardly consider a "big" match with enough match data to overwhelm a nook.

I'm not doubting what's happening to you (this is the first time I've tried using this utility in about a year), but I just tried it from a nook to pc and it worked first time, and the app even discovered the nook without having to key in the sync code. Now.... one thing I heard from Ken is that the router may have something to do with it. (?) At the range I run an older link sys wrt54g G router set to basic out-of-the-box factory mode, NO customizations whatever. (SSID linksys, fer crying out loud!) Auto-discovery of an ios device by the nooks doesn't work there, but DOES work here at the house with a much newer apple time capsule (N router). I haven't tried this with the exporter and the linksys yet.

(Oh, and PS is 1.2.0)

Edited by wgnoyes

After syncing 7 nooks to our master nook I then export the match to an SD card, Put the card in my PC, file names are there, but no data, delete, repeat, maybe 4-6 times. then SURPRISE, files appear. This is for reg.txt as well as the .zip files. The exporter app sometimes finds the units and files, and on rare occasion connects with the nook, but I think only once has the data been transferred.

What is puzzling is that repeating the exact same steps that fail, eventually succeeds. Nd they say that insanity is doing the same things over but expecting different results.

I have two theories.

Somehow files are not flushed yet before you inject SD card from Nook. It may help if you exit from PS app and/or do SD card unmount from the storage system settings on Nook.

Another possibility is that your card may have corrupted file system. Try to run a checkdisk tool on that card from your PC.

...and you don't HAVE to eject the card from the nook at all! Every nook comes with a micro-usb cable for charging. Just connect the nook directly to the pc and access it that way. Every one of my nooks has a SD card resident in the slot at all times for the ostensible reason of using dropbox to update the version/release from a new .apk file. Try repeating the export to sd process, and connect directly via the cable.

I AM somewhat bemused as to why my shooters have to be in a squad before they'll export; squad 0 isn't good enough. That seems useless.

I hope this gets fixed soon...I've been fighting it for some time now...even opened a bug report in the early days. My workaround is to put every shooter on squad 99 in my registration import spreadsheet, but this should not be a requirement.

Don't know what to tell you there, Jim. I just did the same thing and it worked. Tap sync (this is 1.2.0), tap 'export match registration', tap 'save to sd card', it comes back and says 'the reg.txt file is located as /sdcard/practiscore/ezwinscore/. Tap 'export match stages & scores', 'save to sd card', 'the ezwinscoreexport.zip file is located at /sdcard/practiscore/ezwinscore'. And the files all have data in them the first time.

Bill,

All I can tell you is that is exactly what I do. I tap, the message comes up and says that the files are saved as indicated, but they are empty files. try it 4-6 times and viola! files with data!

I hope this gets fixed soon...I've been fighting it for some time now...even opened a bug report in the early days. My workaround is to put every shooter on squad 99 in my registration import spreadsheet, but this should not be a requirement.

I have set up our pre-registratoin form to simply place all shooters in squad 1. All I have to do is remember when adding the walk-ons that they have to be assigned a squad of 1. Miss one and it is a real PIA.

I have two theories.

Somehow files are not flushed yet before you inject SD card from Nook. It may help if you exit from PS app and/or do SD card unmount from the storage system settings on Nook.

Another possibility is that your card may have corrupted file system. Try to run a checkdisk tool on that card from your PC.

...and you don't HAVE to eject the card from the nook at all! Every nook comes with a micro-usb cable for charging. Just connect the nook directly to the pc and access it that way. Every one of my nooks has a SD card resident in the slot at all times for the ostensible reason of using dropbox to update the version/release from a new .apk file. Try repeating the export to sd process, and connect directly via the cable.

I will try both of these this week. Thank you.

for the record all but a very few people really like this system. There are a couple people that claim it slows a match down, but having just run all but the staff through a stage at Area 8, I can tell you that even with hand copying the results to the paper backup sheet we were ready to go by the time the stage was taped. No one waited for the score keeping.

We all agree on that. It is just that I am having troubles reproducing it with my hardware, so it is hard to debug...

I can send you a Nook that fails so you can reproduce the issue on demand.

Can you make available (tap 'sync', tap 'export match') the actual match .psc file so I can try it with that match? PM me or just email it?

We all agree on that. It is just that I am having troubles reproducing it with my hardware, so it is hard to debug...

I can send you a Nook that fails so you can reproduce the issue on demand.

Can you make available (tap 'sync', tap 'export match') the actual match .psc file so I can try it with that match? PM me or just email it?

I can do that. PM me your e-mail address and I will get it to you when I get home.

I need some help. We just did a pretty big local match (95 shooters) using PractiScore Android version 1.1.11. Everything was working fine until we attempted to upload the stages and results from the Master Nook to the PC using the PractiScore App exporter. The App exporter is able to discover the Master Nook in steps 1 & 2 but when I click on the "Save EzWinScore" button it errors out with a message of "Device could not be found. Check to see that it is on". The Stages and Results are not pulled up onto the PC. Then the Nook posts an error stating "Low on space, storage space is getting low". There is nothing loaded on these Nooks that is consuming any space. When I plug the nook into the PC and look at the directories there is only like 2% of the available space being used.

Yep, got the same thing with your match file when trying to pull from android 1.2.0 on a nook, even the "low on space" msgbox. (Didn't know you were going to send me a major match!) Also failed for a South River monthly match, and also failed for last year's GA State Championship. But it works for a small weekly match I have. And it works just damn fine, thank you, when the sending practiscore device is an iPhone. (I just brought over the 2012 USPSA LPR Nationals with this!) What rooting system are you running?

Is that with the same AGC_20130602 match cha-lee sent me while back?

I've tried that one with both old and new rooting packages and can't reproduce out of memory issue (even using 2012 Area 5 match).

Though I've noticed that PS Exporter PC app times out with "can't find device" error when trying to sync a large match (it does take some time to create it on Nook).

2013 Mile High Showdown, 155 competitors, 12 stages, fairly serious-sized match. I didn't get "out of memory", I got "low on space", and I didn't get it reliably. (Got the msg with the Mile High, didn't get the msg with the much more massive Nationals.) So is it possible we just can't do this when the sending device is a nook because the nook is too.........s......l.....o..... (No, I'm not going to finish that!)

Edited by wgnoyes

But even you admit it's a possibility. "It does take some time to create it on Nook." That could very well be the issue. The windows executable apparently will only sit around and wait so long before it decides the sending device fell off the air. Seems like its a good 15-20 seconds.

Edited by wgnoyes

• 2 weeks later...

Used app exporter this past weekend to bring scores over to ezws from iOS. GA State Championship, 271 competitors, 9 stages. Worked fine every time from iOS. Did not attempt from android/nook; those were strictly stage devices. Then (as a test just now) ported the completed match over to a nook (1.2.0) and tried getting data through app exporter. Fails every time.

Edited by wgnoyes

At my local matches, i have been pulling data from nooks into ez win using the app exporter. However, i generally do it one device (one stage) at a time. We usually have about 70 shooters per.

I haven't yet gotten a proper Android tablet to act as a master, but i wad considering the nexus 10 our the asus memo 10.

When i get it, i will compile to the master, then pull to ezwin just once.