Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fn slp cycle issue

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but have been creepin here for a while. Anyway, I have a FN Slp 18" standard with about 1300 trouble free rounds on it and the only after market thing I've done to it is a nordic components charging handle. Today I took it out to run some rounds through it. I shot 75 rounds of cheap federal field & range 8 shot 3 1/4 dram with out a single issue. However, I tried some fiocchi 00 buck high velocity and all the rounds would eject but now and then I would get a click so I'd check the chamber and it would be empty with the next round sitting on the lfter under the bolt. Yes i did have a firm grip on the weapon with it firmly planted against my shoulder. Any info would be appreciated . On a side note, I did break down the recoil assembly to clean and lube it before this trip for the first time since I've had it.

ok i just checked the piston , It seems fine im thinking the fiocchi was just loaded light or something it actually felt like there was less recoil than the federal bird shot which has not been my experience with any other high brass load .

• 1 month later...

I actually never got them because I fixed it myself.I took the piston apart and fully cleaned it and cleaned the recoil assembly and relubed it with a little less frog lube and it runs perfect now, it will even cycle the really light winchester from walmart.

I could never get the fiocchi light buck to cycle in my SLP no matter what I did..changing the tension of the carrier dog spring (glock extractor) doesnt fix it either. Its such a fast burning powder that there isnt enough gas pressure to cycle the gun. I switched to Federal Flite control 9 pellet buck and it cycles them just fine. I have a sealed piston as well and a browning gold recoil spring.

Hope this helps!!

Hadley O.