Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A perfect example of a proper kneeling position

In the latest Guns and Ammo, there is a double page add for the United States Sport Shooting Foundation, and low and behold is my amigo Bryan Ray in a picture perfect kneeling position. It is made even more perfect by the other shooter who down on one knee in the very worst rendition of shooting from one knee there is. What a great contrast and training picture. GREAT JOB Bryan!

Kurt, being Mr. Modest, I had to run out this morning and grab a copy of G&A. My solid kneeling position and Jesse's sloppy high knee w/ no barricade is purely a result of me being short. The photo director put me on the left and said get low, and stuck him on the right and said "I need you higher."

Sometimes, being short pays off. :)

Edited by Bryan 45

That all maybe, but it is the perfect "perfect/pathetic" position thing that really jumps out! Short or not, I doubt any "photo director" could make you do wrong. Again , Great Job!

Thanks guys. Dan- I've always felt, and still believe, that being a representative for our sport and helping others discover it is far more important than final standings at a match. Thanks for the kind words, my friend.

And for our Canadian neighbors, whom I enjoy visiting with at Rockcastle so much, here's the spread-

406840332.jpg406840334.jpg

Edited by Bryan 45

Bryan you do look stunning. I'm not gay anymore but if I was you'd be my first pick;)

Kurt I gotta give you a big thanks for teaching me how to shoot reverse kneeling in the one and only 3 gun class I've ever taken. I always wondered why people giggled when I took a knee. I always thought it was because they could see my tramp stamp tattoo that says "Kurt's Bitch" pop out of the too of my pants.

Very cool hair. You got to love the 80s!

Yes i teach reverse kneeling. It is taught this way, which I'm sure you remember ( unless you switched drugs for reverse kneeling). IF you have a SUPPORT TO BRACE THE FRONT OF THE RIFLE OFF OF reverse kneeling gives your rifle TWO points of contact and is very steady. If you don't have a support NEVER use reverse kneeling as it is not a stable position. When you have no support, use a proper kneeling position ( see picture of Brian) and remember to chicken wing your strong side arm up nice and high.

I thought you would have been proud to be part of an important "teaching" moment, instead of surfing the inter-web for drug videos. :)

Edited by kurtm

Why yes, now that you mention it....Quit pistol whipping Jerry and Max in the head with antique pistols! It will leave a dull impression on their minds! :roflol:

Bryan, you'll have to provide a signed copy... lol

You look awesome. We're coming down for the pan am sg match. I'll make sure to bring down extra Canadian beer to share.

Kurt, some of us appreciate the teaching moment.