Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leo trade ins

bodene 5

Glock Gen 2 Model 17 purchased as a LEO trade-in several years ago used as my backup for my Glock 34 on the rare occasion I shoot Production.

The slide has some holster wear and the magwell area looks like it may have been used as a small battering ram, but internally its 100%. Has never failed to feed or fire with WWB.

Also kept in the nightstand on my side of the bed.

Bill

I also have a gen 3 21 for the night stand it is nice and broke in and once in awhile take it to a local steel match I have owned several handguns but always go back to glock due to ease of complete tear down and aftermarket parts makes me realize what a great handgun they are

My trade in G22 is my open gun and it works great!

As with the other replies, I've always heard JHPs are generally more accurate primarily due to the idea that the JHPs have more surface area to contact the rifling in the barrel. (ie. they are a bit longer bullet given the same weight FMJ)

My trade in G22 is my open gun and it works great!

As with the other replies, I've always heard JHPs are generally more accurate primarily due to the idea that the JHPs have more surface area to contact the rifling in the barrel. (ie. they are a bit longer bullet given the same weight FMJ)

I have a 22 LEO trade-in. I thought it was a good deal but wish I had just bought new from the start. I got it sight unseen over the internet. It was the dirtiest and most cosmetically worn glock I've ever seen. I sent it to GA for warranty work and refinish, so I'm 100% certain it will run like every other glock. It's still not pretty though. I'll be using it as a Limited gun.

my open build also started life as a new york officers gun. it is a g22 gen3 that had a very low round count by the looks of it. shoots amazing and has very little holster wear. great affordable way to start a build for limited or open.

Edited by maxpower

I have a Tampa PD gen 2 17 trade in from 1996. It is my nightstand and production gun. It now wears night sights and has a dot connector, but I would have no reservations about carrying it if I were to live where it was permissible to do so. I hope to find another one this year to put some Dawson's and a minus connector on for a dedicated production gun.

Glock 17 Gen 2. Night sights were dim so I had Glock Smyrna replace sights when they "inspected" the pistol for me for free. Great to live in Atlanta a few miles from Smyrna!

along with my Leo trade in 21 I also have a 17 both gen 3 the 21 has US after the serial on the frame but the 17 does not . is it true if it was a Leo issue the serial will end in US does anyone know for sure ?

http://summitgunbroker.com/17-gen-3.html this is where I purchased mine it came with staked front sight had some wear striker was worn replaced it night sights still had decent life and detailed strip and clean all in all happy with it and mark is a good guy took time to answer my questions . if you do just clean it up real good and inspect it like any used firearm Edited by bodene 5