Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Water, lack of sleep and missing a match

rhgunguy

The cellar in my grandparent's house started taking on water Wednesday, threatening their furnace, water heater and water softener. My grandfather ran a sump pump periodically until early Thursday morning until he was exhausted. Finally called my mom and sister for help so he could sleep. I spelled them at 1 am after getting off at 11:15, driving the 45 minute comute home to pick up clothes and driving another 45 minutes to their house. I ran the pump 5 minutes on, let the water build for 10 miuntes and then repeat until 4:30. Then came so close to hitting a deer on the 45 minute drive home that I wanted to ask an RO for overlays. Back to work Friday afternoon and back to running the pump until 6 am. Slept until noon and drove home. All this while my new role at work is leaving me mentally exhausted. Stayed up catching up on my dvr until 2 am (which is a normal bedtime for this second shifter). Finally woke up at quarter to two! The match being an hour and a half away, had started at 1pm. I really needed the stress relief that comes with shooting with a great bunch of people. Now I'll probably have to wait two weeks to get out due to family obligations. And don't get me wrong, I am glad that my work schedule allowed me to help family since I would do anything for them, I just hate when my body lacks the constitution to balance work life and play.

Hang in there man! I once lived on an alluvial fan below a desert canyon. Our whole town was built on it. Great soil right near the dry riverbed. Then for a period of about ten years we had fifteen flash floods with three causing severe damage. Not much warning at all. Next thing you know the whole neighborhood is under water with all manner of things floating toward the riverbed. Our house was the only one set on a hill in the neighborhood. We spent all our time letting the neighbors use our shower, kitchen, etc. That and shoveling mud out of their houses.

Mother nature is a bi#%h!

JZ