Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monthly 3 Gun near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Palmetto 3 Gun LLC will be holding monthly matches at Lowcountry Preserve located just west of Myrtle Beach / North Myrtle Beach on the NC/SC line. Our first match is June 22nd and the entry fee is $50. We are part of the 3 Gun Nation Club Series and will be using their format. There will be 5-6 stages including a classifier, with rifle targets out to 300 yards. If you have any questions send me a PM.

http://palmetto3gun.com

http://lowcountrypreserve.com

This will not be your average 4 -5 stage pistol bay local match. It will be on par with what the guys up at Tarheel are doing. I assure you will get your moneys worth. We' ve put alot of money into range construction and targets. There will be a prize table, and I promise, if you win you will get more than your 50 bucks back.

Wife and I shoot Tarheel 3gun series and this is about equal distance to what we travel for that. We are in! Saw the website….with a round count of 100 pistol, 100 rifle, 100 shotgun and 10 slugs it should be worth the cash although I do agree 50 is a little on the steep side.

We are also shooting the Palmetto match in Clinton SC this weekend. Exciting to see these matches coming to the area!

My partners in crime and I will be at the Clinton House match. We will have The Gun Store T shirts on, I'll be the the handsome fella shooting an AR-10 with a green stock. Come look us up.

Clinton House match was a blast! Sorry I didn’t see you there….It gets pretty busy pretty quick with the shooting and all the great folks we know there. Charles Sole, Steve Wall and the folks at Palmetto State Armory hit another one out of the park.

Shooting the Carolina Cup this weekend then it’s of for more 3 gun with you Palmetto boys…..good thing because I’m already Jonesin to make some steel sing!

Do you all have a title sponsor? Is it Palmetto State Armory as well?

The match went well despite the weather, IT WAS WET. When it wasnt raining and the sun popped out it was MUGGY. Hopefully mother nature will cut us some slack and everything will be dried out in the next couple of days.

After two weeks of on and off rain, two of our bays were just too wet to use, so we ended up shooting 5 stages, two of which were 3GN qualifiers. We ran those twice, only counting the first score for qualification.

I think most shooters enjoyed the stage with the full auto M-16 stage gun most. Started out low ready with the machine gun , do a mag dump in a paper target at about 15 yards, dump the rifle, pick up the shotgun then move forward engaging an array of poppers, clay flippers, and KD plates. Its really hard not to smile after that.

My favorite was the last stage. You started out pistol holstered with your hands on the rear tire of an old Army 5 ton. You engaged targets fore and aft then worked your way up the berm to your rifle engaging pistol targets as you go. Dump the pistol then engage resetting poppers and flashers form 75 to 300 yards. I love smacking those flashers with the 308.

Our next match is July 13th. After that, it will be the 3rd Saturday of the month. All scores, match video and details will be on our website.

http://palmetto3gun.com

Edited by LSnSC

They are normally the first Saturday and we're the third. I assume they are trying not to have their match the week of the 4th and we have a scheduling conflict the weekend of the 20th.

If it doesnt quit raining so the Waccamaw River can get back in its banks we'll be shooting from a boat!

Update on the July match. it has been rescheduled to the 27th. Road is under water due to 13 straight days of rain. Water should be down and road repaired by then. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Update on the July match. it has been rescheduled to the 27th. Road is under water due to 13 straight days of rain. Water should be down and road repaired by then. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I hate to hear this! My plan had been to shoot with ya'll while on vacation in the area next week. Maybe another time! Good luck & safe shooting!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It was a great match! They had an entire 5-bay range they built just in the past couple weeks, since the other side of the property was under water. It was NICE, and they had good stages. My RO was hard to get along with though. :devil: