Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Lady Shooter pistol selection

wwirts

My wife also has very small hands. We went to our LGS and she handled pretty much everything they had. She liked the SIG P226 the best. We bought it. She shot maybe 300 rounds through it and struggled with grouping. She could not get a consistent repeatable grip. I had her try my Glock G34. Within one mag she was spot on. Had to buy her one just to get mine back. Since then she has also tried the M&P, XD's, and FNH. She shoots the Glock the best. Watching her shoot each the Glock had the least amount of muzzle rise for her. In her words she feels in control of the Glock more so than the others.

Well cannot miss getting my 2 cents in. I have shot them all, well maybe a few junkers I missed. My hand are small for a big guy but around normal as hands go. I have been shooting a 2011 STI Open gun for 6 years. I bought a S&W M&P CORE 5" put a trijicon red dot on it and fell in love. It fits me so well it was like they made it for me. Ha!

With my wife having to shoot a Glock 17 i owned she tried my M&P ok, now there is two in love. With three grip inserts my wife choose the small, as she has very small hands. It worked fine. Has you gal tried shooting the M&P for more then just a couple of rounds. If not maybe she coule give it another try.

IMHO