Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting Safariland Holster to ELS Belt (QLS?)

GregSmith

Ok, help the noob...

I have heard that you need a QLS forking system to attach an ALS holster to the ELS system. Is this true? If so, It seems like the QLS backing plate only aligns with 1 hole on the ELS belt. That doesn't seem terribly secure...is that how it works? Or do I have to mount the QLS backing plate to and ELS fork and back plate system? (That seems a bit overkill) I think I need the 5 year old explaination on this one...

The rest of my belt system makes sense, adding magazine holders and caddies shouldn't be a problem. Just confused about this holster situation.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Edited by GregSmith

I drilled an extra hole in my belt to get the QLS more secure. It is actually made for another belt so that is the reason for the hole alignment problems. I would not trust the ELS forks for a 3G holster.

I drilled an extra hole in my belt to get the QLS more secure. It is actually made for another belt so that is the reason for the hole alignment problems. I would not trust the ELS forks for a 3G holster.

+1, except that I used to run an ELS fork for my holster with no problem but I switched to a QLS for more stability with my six inch gun.

Edited by blu46and2

I had to use the slide on attachment to use the qls. And yes there are only two screws that line up. Been running it and don't have any problems. The 014 has only one screw holding the rod to the belt loop so two would be fine on a duty holster i would think. Drilling an extra hole if you want is easy too.

Edited by ipscjoe