Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Type of Guide Rod; Spring and Striker

shtr3

I have a new Gen 4 G34, and was wondering what you all thought about what type of Guide Rod;Spring and Striker I should change out to and then also try to keep in Production guidelines maybe? Can it be done and what is the equipment i need to make a more reliable gun in your honest opinion?

Stock striker totally pollished. Wolffe 4.5 or 5 lb striker spring. Wolff guide rod with reducing ring and 12lb recoil spring.

The gun is most reliable in its stock form.

Edited by whatsupglock

To make it "more reliable" don't change anything, all the stuff we do to these guns is to improve the feel not the function if you want reliability just feed it good ammo. if you want to add weight to the front for balance you can change the guide rod, if you wan to improve the feel of the trigger pull you can polish the contact surfaces, if you want to lighten the trigger pull you can change striker springs or trigger springs, you can also go with a lightened striker to help avoid light strikes with a lightened striker spring.

Mike

The only thing I change anymore is the springs, and sights. I had to go with the apex extractor in my 34 but thats it. I just change the striker spring to a 4.5 wolf, and I took the 17lb recoil spring off of the stock guide rod and replaced with a 13lb ismi. polished everything up and wound up with a pretty good trigger at 2.5 lbs.