Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

if one had to pick a universal 9mm MG bullet, what would it be?

ProGunGuy

has anyone treid the 130gr in 9mm?

it works great. .356 seats tightly in the case for less chance of setback. I also like the 'feel' of the130-135 weight bullets. try them with 3.8 Bullseye @1.114.

sorry, I meant 1.140...thx

CMJ has a complete metal jacket. The bottom of the bullet is covered, no exposed lead. FMJ has exposed lead on the bottom which equals more smoke and lead deposit especially in a compensator.

My MG 124 JHP's have no exposed lead at the base.

has anyone treid the 130gr in 9mm?

I did, with 7.2g True Blue and OAL of 1.165". Was not at all accurate in my Caspian/KKM. Its use led me to the 124g CMJ which is much more accurate. I've used the 130's in .38 Super from time to time but prefer the 124g JHP in that caliber.

I'm surprised that none of you have said 147gr CMJ bullets... Why?

Are most of you Open shooters?

With the question being about universal bullets, the 124 CMJ is a good mid-weight and profile so it will work with comp/non-comp and Major/Minor loads. Also, some ramps will not allow feeding the JHP so the CMJ is again more "universal".

• 4 weeks later...

I guess it depends on which gun, but most of my 1911's have barrel twist that favor the 115 gr. JHP. with Power Pistol, I have been unable to find a more accurate load in any of my guns..... For target practice I go with N-320 for milder shooting...great question....as always a choice depends on intended use...I'm an accuracy nut...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just ordered a case of the 124g JHP's. What OAL are you loading them? My hornady book says 1.060" and lyman says 1.075".

This link seems to be getting used a lot lately.... ;)

Find max for your gun/barrel/bullet combo, then back off slightly.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=34225.0

I was loading the 124gr MG JHPs at 1.085" for my Glock, but could have gone a bit longer.

On my PPQ, I have to load them shorter, in my case, to 1.065".

YM(and gun/barrel)MV.

And the JHP stands nice and straight in my ammo boxes. The CMJ with it's round nose flops over which is probably indicating that it is a less stable projectile.

This is a joke, right? A SWC or WC should be perfect for long range, then. ;)