Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

if one had to pick a universal 9mm MG bullet, what would it be?

ProGunGuy

Imho... I do not think you can have any problems with 124 gr cmj or jhp or even 121 gr. Ifp....it's all about the right combination of powder, oal, barrel, twist, etc.

You just have to take the time and effort in testing your load to your specific pistol...

The JHP is more accurate in my Caspian 9 but not 100% reliable. I went to CMJ and was barely satisfied with the accuracy but as the gun is breaking in - new KKM barrel - the accuracy is improving and is now roughly equivalent to the JHP and completely reliable. If it doesn't go BANG when you pull the trigger, doesn't matter how accurate a shot it MIGHT have been!

CMJ has a complete metal jacket. The bottom of the bullet is covered, no exposed lead. FMJ has exposed lead on the bottom which equals more smoke and lead deposit especially in a compensator.

has anyone treid the 130gr in 9mm?

it works great. .356 seats tightly in the case for less chance of setback. I also like the 'feel' of the130-135 weight bullets. try them with 3.8 Bullseye @1.114.

As if you could get it when you needed it. But my vote is the 124gr JHP shot the CMJ for 3 years it is a good bullet but I like the JHP more. I switched to MG when Zero's had no reliable source. I'm losing my affection for MG since they have been hiking prices this year. When the pandemic is over about another year or so we shall see what shakes out.