Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie 3 gun shot gun guy mag extension question

agalindo

OK so I have a 24" barrel shotgun and I'm looking for a mag extension. I've seen several at are advertised as 10 rn extensions which actually say +5 rounds extension for a total of 9 rounds in magazine +1 in chamber. So do all adds post round copactiy this way? I would think they would say +4 or +5 instead of 8 round and 10 round.

Second question with my 24 inch barrel most of the 10rnd tubes say for 28" or longer barrels. I've seen many a shotgun with mags that stick out beyond the barrel. Is this safe with birdshot? I'd like to get in at least 10rnd mag extenstion if possible.

I don't even consider barrel length when looking for a tube, you can go way past the end of the barrel and not have any problems. I use a 10 shot tube on my 21" barreled M2, and that's probably considered conservative by some.

The way you load shouldn't matter in tube length unless you always plan on emptying the tube. The stage layout plays more of a role in that

I think he is referring to loading after the start. having a 10rd or 12 round extension allows your loads to match the way the shells are staged on your body. A +1 or +3 (added to an 8 round tube) does not match a twins load.