Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Pan American Shotgun baby!

Plus some guys couldn't use their 31 round XRail like they wish they could have. Then their shotgun didnt fit in the box and they had to give up another precious round out of their Nordic Tube.

Odd rules aside, I agree with Pat the commeraderie, meeting the international shotgun warriors and getting to represent your country for the first time since saying good bye to the Army made it worth it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually with VERY little rounding it was 92% Pat.

It is funny, open in IPSC seems to have got less......well....open! With the new rules and the high price of a true level 4 type match I agree with Jesse, they will be hard to fill in the U.S.. To me the allure of shotgun matches overseas is the fact that they are overseas

75 shooters! Level 4!

Our last level 2 had about 100 shooters.

Where was all shotgun owners from America?

Winning guns while running and gunning at the outlaw shotgun matches such as the Gateway Shotgun Challenge next weekend.

This format will never be popular in the US due to the excessive amount of rules, match fees and technical slow shooting. I hate to say it but us Americans are spoiled shooters.

Congrats to the winners!

As for my (and probably others) non-participation, I dont really care about the fees, my issue lies with some of the silly rules they have (and keep adding). Its not as much about being spoiled as it is voting with my feet.

I'd consider shooting a major non-IPSC shotgun match but never an IPSC shotgun match.

Edited by gose

Agree Gose...I heard what the required pay is for the IPSC ROs and I am considering a new career!

But silly rules and the heat were the big factors for me. I slogged through Kurt and Trapper's match in OK last year, and I was glad I did, but the heat kicks my old sorry butt. But then I think it would be hard to fill a shotgun match in MN in January, even though I would love it.

Yes, there is a lot to be desired with IPSC rules, but this match was about so much more than match fees and prize tables. I am proud to have stood with my friends under the Red, White, and Blue. Thank you to all the American shooters who showed our foreign guests the same hospitality and generosity we would show our own families.

Just wanted to drop in here and say thanks to Linda Chico and Larry Houck for the great job with the match. Also wanted to say thanks again to Nick, Nate and everyone at The Rock for a fantastic job. If you missed this match, you missed a good one.

Most importantly, I wanted to thank my 'mates' Patrick, Bryan and Joe. It was great shooting with you all.

It was great talking to all the foreign competitors and seeing just how popular the videos we put out from time to time are overseas and down in Latin America. I have been extremely busy with real work, 'other' work and shooting but I will start to kick out a few more in the coming weeks.

So with that being said, here is some HD video of The Noveske Shooting Team at The Pan American Shotgun Championships 2013 for those that are curious what some stages looked like. Congrats to Rob Romero, Jerry Miculek and Pat "Come Back" Kelley for being THE Pan American Champions in their respective divisions. Kudos to James Casanova & Jesse Tischauser for being runners up to the Pan American Champs.

Edited by cold

I ran my Accurate Iron Benelli M2 with a 11 round Nordic tube (12 round tube wouldn't fit in the box.) This is the same gun I ran in the 2010 Pan Am Shotgun match and that i've been running in Tac Optics. I added my custom Arredondo loading chute that Mark Roth from RCI XRail made for my XRail Benelli. Notice the lack of any barrel porting or compensator or a red dot sight.

Larry Houck ran his Open FNH SLP and Craig Outzen ran his Firebird Precision Akdal.

Here is a picture courtesy of Rob Harbin from Red X Photography who followed our squad taking awesome pics most of the weekend.

54DCCADD-40F2-4815-A250-FBF75ABFD4FC-255

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

That is the coolest medal I have ever seen! How do you get one? Oh wait I found out where to get them, by winning a level 4 match or higher, here are some to keep your one from getting lonely. (note these are for personal finishes, not team finishes)

post-1176-0-26176500-1373494315_thumb.jp

Edited by kurtm

That is the coolest medal I have ever seen! How do you get one? Oh wait I found out where to get them, by winning a level 4 match or higher, here are some to keep your one from getting lonely. (note these are for personal finishes, not team finishes)

001.JPG

Very nice! Are those all first place? The color looks slightly different and one looks larger?

I ran my Accurate Iron Benelli M2 with a 11 round Nordic tube (12 round tube wouldn't fit in the box.)

Odd. I was suppose to shoot the match and had measured my Open 1100 with the 12 round Nordic. The Box is suppose to be 51.9 inches and my shotgun was measuring 51.5. Wonder if the M2 is longer in through the receiver and all?

Yes Jesse every last one is a first place finish, The large one is from a level 5 championship (World Shoot) the rest are level 4s the colors change slightly over the years, and some haven't been polished daily :rolleyes:

I ran my Accurate Iron Benelli M2 with a 11 round Nordic tube (12 round tube wouldn't fit in the box.)

Odd. I was suppose to shoot the match and had measured my Open 1100 with the 12 round Nordic. The Box is suppose to be 51.9 inches and my shotgun was measuring 51.5. Wonder if the M2 is longer in through the receiver and all?

I never measured I just figured a 12 round tube would fit since the max capacity was 14. 12+1+1

It was 1/4" too long and you can't smash it in the box. If I would have had a Nordic XL cap rather than the XXL cap it would have fit and possibly still held 14 total. I could have also fit it in the box if I had a short butt pad. Jerry's JM Pro 930 fit with 12+1+1 but he had his butt pad shaved down a bunch.

Yep limited is the new open, no box. Both open and modified now have a box....will wonders never end.

h BTW the bigger medals are the "New" ones. They ran out of the smaller ones early last year and have been superseded by the New larger style, like yours and mind, so I guess open isn't the only thing that changed. Congrats again Jesse!

Edited by kurtm