Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Pan American Shotgun baby!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked my flights this morning. Starting preparations for this match and I can't believe I gotta go buy some different buckshot for this IPSC crap. What a joke! What is everyone else using for buckshot since the most popular 3 gun brand federal flight control isn't allowed?

I booked my flights this morning. Starting preparations for this match and I can't believe I gotta go buy some different buckshot for this IPSC crap. What a joke! What is everyone else using for buckshot since the most popular 3 gun brand federal flight control isn't allowed?

What? That's news to me... I'm sitting on about 200rounds of Remington reduced recoil, I can bring extra since I'm driving if you want some.

The entire match requires 8 rounds of buck shot.

I'm sure its not the end of the world that flight control is not allowed (as stupid as that rule is)

Just find something that patterns reasonably tight out of your gun because that stage looks to have a tight penalty target.

Edited by sarpau

I appreciate the offer but I gotta pattern it first. A buddy has some old school buck I'm gonna trade for the good flight control stuff.

What? That's news to me... I'm sitting on about 200rounds of Remington reduced recoil, I can bring extra since I'm driving if you want some.

The entire match requires 8 rounds of buck shot.

I'm sure its not the end of the world that flight control is not allowed (as stupid as that rule is)

Just find something that patterns reasonably tight out of your gun because that stage looks to have a tight penalty target.

It would have been a lot easier to make an exception to the rule for this match. It's no wonder most US shooters don't attend IPSC matches such as this. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Nothing that I can find official but my thinking is you (we) are representing our country, dress handsomely casual.

Leave sleeveless shirts and flip flops in the room.

Jeans, cargo pants and a polo or team shirt should be fine.

Nothing that I can find official but my thinking is you (we) are representing our country, dress handsomely casual.

This is Merica not France. I think we need at least one holey white tank top and some flannel. Socks with sandals too. :)

The ceremony will be outside, under the tent. This time of year, it is hot and humid in Kentucky. Since some squads will shoot Sunday AM, I anticipate that most will be in the same attire they wore on the range. If the 2010 Pan American is any indication, the staff wore IROA shirts or NROI shirts, members of National Teams wore the team shirts, and other shooters wore appropriate, casual clothing.

Remember - I am old AND old-fashioned. IPSC says the Match Director has the final say on appropriate attire. Just pretend you grandmom or mom is in charge of the dress code. . . ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2013 Pan American Shotgun Championship

Looks like My amigo Roberto won it again in Standard Semi Auto with his very cool Beretta 1301 Competition shotgun! (after all he is the one who did the design work on it, so it is a great shotgun wielded by a great shooter). BTW Roberto was second at the World Shotgun Championships!

Looks like Mr T. had a hell of a match, I guess all that practice and dedication is paying off handsomely! Good Job on the great shooting and being one of the "non flying" Okies on any stage. :bow:

No I haven't forgotten my amigo Pat, who even though he didn't swing by to say hi coming or going, shot one whale of a great match with his Pump gun to be the reigning "king of Manual" in our region for the YEAR!!! Yeah howdy!

Way to go Patrick!

Congrats also to Jerry and Jesse with the 1, 2 in open. Congrats to NST shooters Jansen (2), Rob (2) and James (3) for some solid performances as well!

75 shooters! Level 4!

Our last level 2 had about 100 shooters.

Where was all shotgun owners from America?

Winning guns while running and gunning at the outlaw shotgun matches such as the Gateway Shotgun Challenge next weekend.

This format will never be popular in the US due to the excessive amount of rules, match fees and technical slow shooting. I hate to say it but us Americans are spoiled shooters.

Looks like My amigo Roberto won it again in Standard Semi Auto with his very cool Beretta 1301 Competition shotgun! (after all he is the one who did the design work on it, so it is a great shotgun wielded by a great shooter). BTW Roberto was second at the World Shotgun Championships!

Looks like Mr T. had a hell of a match, I guess all that practice and dedication is paying off handsomely! Good Job on the great shooting and being one of the "non flying" Okies on any stage. :bow:

No I haven't forgotten my amigo Pat, who even though he didn't swing by to say hi coming or going, shot one whale of a great match with his Pump gun to be the reigning "king of Manual" in our region for the YEAR!!! Yeah howdy!

Thank you Kurt and again my apologies for not making the time to stop by and imbibe with you!

Congratulations to Roberto! He is a class act and a one hell of a competitor! (Damn nice shotgun too!)

Jesse!!! Damn Dude! Well done!!! 91% of The Man Miculek!

Rob Romero gave a strong chase to Roberto in Standard and earned a 2nd.

Jansen Jones had this match going into the third day but with his, Joe's and Bryan Rays "encouragement" (slapped me upside the head)

I put together a very good set of final stages. Thank you teammates!

A technical match, yes. No prize table, correct. An event I would shoot again, yes. The camaraderie and pride of country was evident everywhere.

Those who witnessed the awards ceremony got to feel it. No politics, just a gathering of like minded people from around the world sharing the fellowship of shooting competition. Many eyes were wet with pride and admiration for those who dared to play and won. Roberto's singing of Italy's

National anthem was proof enough.