2013 Pan American Shotgun baby!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number of us coming down from Canada for this match,

A good number from Russia as well.

Really looking forward to it.

Its not every day I get a chance to try and keep up with the worlds best.

And the Pan Am 3 gun follows this event-4-6 Jul at Rockcastle. 10 stages over three days.

Dave

What event?

This is pasted from the Rockcastle site. Go to competitions, and then the icon for this match. $80 entry fee, 10 stages, Gary Welborn is MD, should be a fun match.

Dave

2013 Pan American 3-Gun Challenge

July 4 -6, 2013 at Rockcastle Shooting Center

Welcome to the 2013 Pan American 3 Gun Challenge, July 4-6, 2013, at the Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, Kentucky, USA.

When we figured out that more than 14 countries would be represented at the 2013 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship at the Rockcastle Shooting Center this June, we figured it was the perfect time to create an “American Style” 3 Gun event the following weekend, and the Pan American 3 Gun Challenge was born.

For those who have not been to the Rockcastle Shooting Center, there is a hotel on site at Park Mammoth Resort, along with a restaurant, and other shooting activities like sporting clays.

Rental guns are available.

The hotel rooms are first come, first serve, so give us a call as soon as possible to make your reservations. Other hotels are available just 5 miles away in Cave City, Kentucky and 20 miles away in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Look at the menu on the left of the page to find Official Match Invitations and to print US From 6NIA if you intend to bring your own guns into the US.

Stage design and round count will be coming to this site soon.

This is an exciting opportunity for all.

The 2013 Pan American 3 Gun Challenge is sure to be a very exciting and enjoyable event and we look forward to seeing all of our friends very soon.

Need a PR person for Rockcastle. This 3 gun match looks to be on the same weekend at the Gateway Practical Shotgun match.

The 3-Gun i did not know about until long after I signed up for the Gateway match.

Need a PR person for Rockcastle. This 3 gun match looks to be on the same weekend at the Gateway Practical Shotgun match.

The 3-Gun i did not know about until long after I signed up for the Gateway match.

I'm shooting this and the gateway match as well. I had to turn Gary down to work the 3gun match. I hate when scheduling conflicts with matches across the country, but two here in my back yard really sucks. Kate's coming to pan-am with me so you better bring that lovely wife of yours.

I'm trying to make it to MN this year. I don't know if it can happen with the move or not, shooting pan-am and the sparta match back to back are going to keep me busy as we are trying to be in the new house July 1 and still haven't started to remodel!

My caddies are allowed but not my Chameleon. I was looking to try the match, but my son only loads off the chameleon. He has trouble with the caddies. Did I read it correctly that carriers must be belt mounted? Glad I looked at the rules before signing up.

My caddies are allowed but not my Chameleon. I was looking to try the match, but my son only loads off the chameleon. He has trouble with the caddies. Did I read it correctly that carriers must be belt mounted? Glad I looked at the rules before signing up.

If you are talking about the LoadTwo Belt by Chameleon, it is legal. Vests are not legal, but ammo carried at belt level is legal if it is in caddies or clips.

post-5346-0-41758300-1369980662_thumb.jp

Ruling from the Range Master:

Yes, It is legal

Rules 5.2.3 and 5.2.3.2 and 5.2.5 for Shotgun.

Must be used at waist level ( The picture is ok ). No part of any cartridge is permitted to extend further than 75mm.

Cartridges held in loops or clips on the belt are restricted to a maximum of 2 cartridges high

No belt loop rule for shotgun ( 5.2.3).

Jose Carlos Belino

Linda Chico

If you are talking about the LoadTwo Belt by Chameleon, it is legal. Vests are not legal, but ammo carried at belt level is legal if it is in caddies or clips.

attachicon.gifchameleon.jpg

Ruling from the Range Master:

Yes, It is legal

Rules 5.2.3 and 5.2.3.2 and 5.2.5 for Shotgun.

Must be used at waist level ( The picture is ok ). No part of any cartridge is permitted to extend further than 75mm.

Cartridges held in loops or clips on the belt are restricted to a maximum of 2 cartridges high

No belt loop rule for shotgun ( 5.2.3).

Jose Carlos Belino

Linda Chico

Thanks for the clarification. I got the matches mixed up I did not realize there was two matches the same weekend.