Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barsto barrel outside dimension

Jerome Poiret

I'm thinking of buying a Barsto barrel through Brownells. This would be a Match Bull barrel, .45 ACP, w/n ramp to be fitted on a new Essex Arms enhanced slide. (Brownells # 033-000-245).

My question is :

Does anybody know the outside diameter of the Barsto barrels at the muzzle, where it contacts the front of the slide ?

I'm asking because I have another new bull barrel, from STI, for another project, that is loose with this particular slide at the muzzle.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know about a ramped 45 barrel, but it has been reported on this forum that Para Slides are a bit loose...and that there are certain Bull-barrels that won't work in them well. And some that will...(if I recall...an Ed Brown was suggested).

I wonder if an email to the tech people at Brownell's would yield some data? It would be cool if they would actually measure some stock on hand and report...so that we could share the info here.

I wonder if an email to the tech people at Brownell's would yield some data? It would be cool if they would actually measure some stock on hand and report...so that we could share the info here.

I wouldn't count on much from them.

I emailed the Tech Dept. regarding one of the SV grips that they have/had that was on sale asking if it was the Scott (didn't note it as Scott of Alfaro, just "textured" or some other non-descript description). I provided a link directly to the photograph of the Scott grip as well as a detailed description (sandpaper-type finish) and asked if the one that they were selling and the photo were the same and got the reply that they were and I ordered it based on that.

Once I got the grip (along with the rest of the order) and found out it wasn't, I sent it back via USPS Priority Mail with the Post Office label (that includes the price of shipping) on the front. The price of the grip was refunded, as was the return shipping and a portion of the shipping originally charged to me (based on what percentage of the total cost the grip was, methinks).

It woulda been easier if the cat had gotten off his duff and checked the product in the bin, but at least I got my dough back.