Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification question. Can it go down?

Tuflehundon

I got my initial classification a couple months ago. I am a high C, close to B. We did a match at my local club were we did 6 stages, and 5 of them were classifiers. (they do this once a year) I did well on 3 of them, and fudged 2 of them. If I do a couple of good classifiers I could possibly make B. But, when I shoot classifiers, I tend to be more methodical about them, and don't go nearly as fast as I think I can.

So my question is, if I go all out a couple of times, but get bad scores due to mistakes, will my classification go down? The way I read the FAQ's on the USPSA website, it won't, but I want to be sure. If it won't go down, then I might try to push myself more on my next few classifiers.

What 56Hawk said.

Basically you would have to petition to lower your classification once it has been determined. Also if you are classified (for example) as "B" limited as your highest classification none of your other classifications can be lower than a "C".

What 56Hawk said.

Basically you would have to petition to lower your classification once it has been determined. Also if you are classified (for example) as "B" limited as your highest classification none of your other classifications can be lower than a "C".

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I don't currently have any other classifications in other divisions. I only shoot Limited right now. I used to shoot SS, but never was classified with it.

Next time I'll push myself a little.

Edited by Tuflehundon

Your percentage will likely drop a little the next time they run a calculation. The initial calculation uses your best 4 classifiers, but after that, it's your best 6. So depending on how many more you shoot over the next month, your lowest classifier from the special classifier match may be figured in as well, reducing your percentage. Either way, like was said above, go for it, if you totally screw it up like below 35% (for C) it won't count.

Mike

C is the toughest class to be in because everything between 35% and 60% counts as a C. When you are shooting the high C low B hit factors you really need to screw it up to get below 35%. So it is easy for your % to get dragged down. Once you hit B, Misses and No Shoots take a heavier toll on the %. A and up a Miss or a NS is about guaranteed to tank the stage into the "not valid" range.

To go down in class you must: 1) request in writing to be moved down, citing

your reasons and justification; 2) have a club president or SC concur with your

request in writing; and 3) have no current scores on record that indicate you

should remain in your assigned class

So, once you are in a class, even if your percentage goes down below your current class, you SHOULD have to petition to go into a lower class.