Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First USPSA match. Looking for some advice

Carnifex

Shot my first match today, looking for some advice. I realize it's hard to tell from 1st person perspective but it's all I got. I felt pretty good about it and shot good points. Entry and exits on stage 5 sucked. Missed a piece of steel on stage 6 due to crappy stage planning. You can see me hesitate as I try to remember if I'm supposed to shoot that one now or in the next position. I've been shooting IDPA for about 6 months but quickly grew sick of the rules, I'm hooked on USPSA now! Anyways, lay it on. Trying to learn... Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka9Rl0s31ZY

Is that a picture of your gun at the :03 mark? If it is, you need to remove the grip tape on the slide that is just forward of the slide stop.. That is illegal for production. The tape on the grip itself is fine.

Check out the rulebook, Appendix E4 for further clarification.

Didn't leave the range, ended up in the D zone of T3. It was primarily a mechanical issue with the new sear cage in the gun. The trigger bottomed out on the frame and the hammer didn't fall.

I just got the stage results back, it looks like Lefty's Revenge (Stage 3) was good enough for an 88.43% according to ClassifierCalc. I see a couple places I could have shaved time off that too... Shot 91% of the available points for the match.

• 4 weeks later...