Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help buld my SP-01

mattwaage

Sure there are tons of topics on this but the search didnt yeild exactly what I want.

Just picked up a SP-01 Tactical 9mm with the decocker. Not the best choice for production I suppose, as i hear manual safty shadow targets are, but im thinking I will put some parts in it and try it.

Looking for a must have list for this gun from people who use them.

"The Best" trigger kit, springs, guide rods, etc. that should be used for a production legal build.

Thanks!

-Matt

i seen cajun gun works had a decocker kit, think it was a few more dollars. any preference on a cajun or cz action and trigger job? thinking of sending the pistol to one of them to do all their magic at once.

I have a CZ shadow custom and a P01 with all of CGW parts and the triggers are both excellent.

The P01 is only slightly inferior to my shadow but its a decocker instead of a manual safety.

I would go with whatever is cheapest and whatever will keep it legal for production.

other parts you might look at.

mag release. the shadow ext. mag release can be fitted.

stainless steel drop free mag brake

SS guide rod, 11# recoil spring

can change the trigger out to the 85C trigger if the recurve trigger shape bites your trigger finger.

• 2 weeks later...

I "sprung" for the short reset trigger option on my CZ Custom SP-01 and couldn't be happier. It's definitely a step up from CZ Custom's standard trigger job. Not sure whether you can get that trigger on a non-shadow version of the gun, but if it's available, it's worth it IMO.