Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
GlockSpeed31

Using an Android based tablet and an external HD?

My Laptops Motherboard just Fried Out And Is Not Worth It to Replace. My Question Is If I Get An Android Based Tablet, Can I Hook The Laptops Harddrive, Which Will Be In An External Enclosure W/Usb Output, To The Tablet?

Thanks,

Are you trying to recover data on your old hard drive or are you trying to use the old hard drive as storage space with your android tablet?

I tried hooking up an external Western Digital usb drive to my Galaxy Tab, but could not get it to recognize it. Has the ability to read a usb thumb drive, just won't do the external hd.

Was that a usb-POWERED drive, or was there a separate ac adapter. If the former, the Tab's usb port probably doesn't put out enough juice to reliably power the drive, as a guess.

I was just thinking to use it as an external storage device. However after reading some online topics, this isn't a great idea for me to use, referring to what Bill Noyes just posted. I will probably just use Google Drive to store additional data.

...but if the enclosure you get for the drive DOES pull it's power from a separate ac adapter, then you might be able to do it.