Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Count shots during the walkthrough

jbc98c

I was the first on this stage, first match shooting open. Starts out outside shooting area, move in, 2 paper from close, cooper tunnel with 3 targets from low port, 3 targets, 2 of which are conealed on the right, and 3 paper, 1 steel on left of the T that is concealing the two on the right.

Shooting open, i have 28 rounds and only 1 steel, so I didn't bother to count my shots on this 23 round stage.

I never noticed the 2 concealed paper on the right side of the T. Ran the course extremely fast, great hits, but 60 points lost from not engaging and 2 mikes each on them.

oops. Count your shots while walking through so you don't miss a target or two.

First thing I do when I come to a stage is go to the back of the bay and facing up range count every target. Only after I'm sure I have found every target do I go to the starting position and start to develop a stage plan. Our local matches are famous for hidden targets and targets that appear and disappear and then reappear so you can easily shoot thecsame target multiple times or miss one.

I had no choice but to develop a disciplined stage planning approach from the very 1st match I ever shot because of this ... Shot my first level II and level III matches this year and stage planning was a breeze because of this

• 2 weeks later...

Also, confirm the number of rounds you count with what is on the WSD. Sometimes the hidden ones become evident if you counted 28 in your walkthrough but the WSD says it's a 32 round stage.

• 3 weeks later...

Watch the other competitors too. There have been a number of times where I walked through a stage, had a plan in mind, and then noticed another shooter air gunning something that I didn't. Upon further inspection, they were aiming at a hidden target that I didn't see. I counted another target twice coming up with the correct round count.

Don't discount what others are doing just because it's different.

Also, confirm the number of rounds you count with what is on the WSD. Sometimes the hidden ones become evident if you counted 28 in your walkthrough but the WSD says it's a 32 round stage.

Yes!! This happened in my last match. I felt like an idiot but had to ask, "Where is the other paper target?" It was basically hidden on the wall (We shoot indoors) with two feet between a tarp and the wall. The paper target was at the very end of it.

Yes!! This happened in my last match. I felt like an idiot but had to ask, "Where is the other paper target?" It was basically hidden on the wall (We shoot indoors) with two feet between a tarp and the wall. The paper target was at the very end of it.

I disagree with you there. The time to feel like an idiot isn't BEFORE you shoot and ask where the other target is. The idiot time is after you shoot the COF and have to ask "what do you mean i missed a target?!"

:roflol:

I disagree with you there. The time to feel like an idiot isn't BEFORE you shoot and ask where the other target is. The idiot time is after you shoot the COF and have to ask "what do you mean i missed a target?!"

:roflol:

Well, I've only been to two matches, the first one I walked right past two targets, guess I was too nervous or had a serious brain fart. And I even went through the walkthrough. I have improved at counting targets and shooting, still a long ways to go though.