Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Treme Grips - Red Sand GONE!

bigdawgbeav

So am I not happy with the grips, hell no! I love my Red-sand X-Treme Grips from Powder River. What I'm really peeved about is that PRP had discontinued the grips in red-sand.

I don't know if this is going to apply to the black-sand as well, but I don;t use those.

"Why don't you use the black ones?" The answer to that is easy, it would completely destroy the theme I have going for my competition gun. For those that follow my Youtube videos you know that I have a "red" theme going with the XDM 5.25 .45 acp. Changing to black grips ruins everything.

"Yes, I know the gun is just a tool so who cares what it looks like." I agree with you if we're talking about a carry piece. This is a competition piece. I know there aren't style points, but I can't tell you how many times someone asks me about the gun and the look of it.

The red grips work great and help break up the all black look. I like that, it makes a statement.

What's even worse is had I known this then I would have snatched up as many as I could. Because at some point the grips will wear down and will need to be replaced. So I've already started shopping elsewhere, but it's not going to be the same.

Just letting everyone know that if you use PRP X-Treme Grips you might want to snatch up what you can now, just in case they discontinue the rest of them.

• 1 month later...