Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Shotgun Ammo Capacity

That is crazy! How heavy is the gun fully loaded? I'd need to beef up my upper body routine at the gym to manage keeping it from dipping on me during a coarse of fire... Looks awesome though! You should show up to a sporting clays match with that...

When you don't have to reload, you don't have to haul the heavy gun around nearly as long... it's a wash. :ph34r:

On a somewhat related note though... how do you get the inertia gun to run with that much extra weight?

DanO

It weighs

9.6 lbs empty

12.8 pounds loaded

My Tac Optics M2 weighs

8.2 lbs loaded w/9 rounds

My Molot Vepr12 weighs

9.8 lbs loaded with 13 rounds

I'm sure the R&R Saiga is a little lighter because they replace some of the steel with aluminum parts.

So basically the extra 19 rounds over a Vepr12 or 11 rounds over a R&R w/big 20 round stick cost me 2.5-3 lbs. not too bad actually.

Very cool. Without being too nosey how much for the whole package??

They retail for $2999. A buddy saw one in one of the big box sporting goods stores like cabelas or bass pro. I'm sure they sell it a few bucks cheaper.

https://www.xrailbyrci.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=a3a2c2f5987a4b453e926061b28e33d7&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=&Category_Code=XM2XI

What if you need to go to slugs in the middle of the stage?

You do the same thing all the other tube fed guys do. Load a stick of slugs or however many you need. If the XRail just reloaded the gun with a full tube then you may have to burn a round or two to make room. Of course you could always preload the gun with a slug or two right where you need it in the round count and not miss.

Is the NC ext a custom application or will one their normal nuts work with the xrail?

The tube is an old tube backwards I believe. It has their new cap on the threads for the nut. I think the new tubes have the same threads on both ends but I could be completely wrong. Ryan Muckenhirm helped me get it all rigged up if you have questions.

Wow! Awesome.Does the extension tube going beyond the barrel cause any issues? Just curious.

The only issue is cleaning the carbon off from muzzle blast. This tube actually sticks out a lot less than my straight tube open gun.

This is my night match setup for the North Texas Multi Gun match tonight. Shotgun holds 15+1+1.

88306BED-32F6-4EB7-BBA2-84010589C745-126

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

What no red dot? Don't cheap out now, lol. Looks sweet.

I have a Burris fast fire 2 on a speed bead and a Redring I'm testing.

Try looking at a Lupy Delta Point. Set the top of the triangle for slugs and the rest is there. Its a bigger MOA than a FF and the nice part is its auto on. Nothing says dumbass more than walking up to a stage, hearing the timer go off and realize you have forgot to turn on the dot. :blush: The FF has a small little on off switch that is a pain to reach in a hurry.

I don't shoot enough open shotgun to use the dot on anything but slugs. I'm faster with a vent rib. So I keep a magnetic hi viz fiber bead on the rib for anything with birdshot. Ill pull the fiber for an all slug or buck type stage and run the fast fire. I don't know that a delta will mount on a speed bead mount. I don't want to cut into the receiver or vent rib to mount a dot either.

I do like the delta point features but I don't think a triangle is for me. I'd opt for the dot if I has a choice.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I don't shoot enough open shotgun to use the dot on anything but slugs. I'm faster with a vent rib. So I keep a magnetic hi viz fiber bead on the rib for anything with birdshot. Ill pull the fiber for an all slug or buck type stage and run the fast fire.

Changing sights between stages, eh?

I don't shoot enough open shotgun to use the dot on anything but slugs. I'm faster with a vent rib. So I keep a magnetic hi viz fiber bead on the rib for anything with birdshot. Ill pull the fiber for an all slug or buck type stage and run the fast fire.

Changing sights between stages, eh?
Nope. I stick it on the side of the barrel. Kinda like flipping a 10/22 sight up and down between stages. The factory bead is always there too. Edited by Jesse Tischauser