Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Brownell's U.S. Amateur and Junior National Championships

We are please to announce the addition of the U.S. Junior National Championships to the U.S. Amateur Nationals.

The match will be sponsored by Brownell's and the juniors will shoot the same match but will compete against themselves in a Lewis Class format, the same as the adults.

Shooters can expect 9-10 stages. Dates are September 27-29 at Midwest 3 Gun Range, outside Fayette, MO.

Entry form enclosed.

Thanks,

Ken

• 2 months later...

At the Rockcastle Pro Am, to obtain Amateur points, you had to shoot Pro. Reason being, points on all other matches are a percentage of the Pro scores. In the Amateur division, no pros shooting skews the 100 pts earned for winning a stage.

My bet is that this match will not earn Amateur or Jr points. I really wish it did though, as Ozark was my 3rd needed match and with it cancelled, I won't have 3 matches in for the final standings. Not like I was going to win anyway. :closedeyes:

Craig

At the Rockcastle Pro Am, to obtain Amateur points, you had to shoot Pro. Reason being, points on all other matches are a percentage of the Pro scores. In the Amateur division, no pros shooting skews the 100 pts earned for winning a stage.

My bet is that this match will not earn Amateur or Jr points. I really wish it did though, as Ozark was my 3rd needed match and with it cancelled, I won't have 3 matches in for the final standings. Not like I was going to win anyway. :closedeyes:

Craig

Ken said that 3GN decided not to include this match in any division

I heard the dates were Saturday/Sunday now. Can someone confirm that?

We have decided to run the Brownell's US Amateur and Junior National Championships as a two day match (Saturday and Sunday)

There will still be 9 stages and we will shoot at least 7 stages on Saturday. We should be done by noon on Sunday.

Thanks,

Ken

It's hard to believe, but it might be hard to find hotel reservations in Columbia or Fayette. MU Football vs Arkansas State is on September 28. Which means dinner plans might take a bit of time...

Sedalia does show a few rooms open.

Darren