Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2013 Noveske Rifleworks USCA National Championship

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac, I was looking at the schedule and something seems all wrong. If you have people shooting until 5 on Sunday when are you doing the prize table. I for one have either a day and a half drive or have to figure out a flight to get there. This makes it kind of harder to plan for.

Kurt,

That's a valid concern but, with the number of shooters attending, the number of stages being shot and wanting to keep it a two day event we had to make some sacrifices. Scoring will be near real-time so we should have a winner by 5:15. If the squads finish earlier, we'll pick prizes earlier.

I hear ya Mac. Why the 2 day format instead of the standard 3 days? If shooting isn't over until 5 then the soonest you could have a winner is 6 unless you aren't going to allow for arbitration. The real time scoring is awesome. We did it at the TX Multigun bit we also found that not everyone is willing or able to keep up with their scores in real time.

Benny,

Thanks for giving us a look! We're big fans of yours.

Regarding us being " a lot" like IDPA, I disagree. I do agree that scoring is similar but the similarities end there.

No fishing vest.

You can drop mags with bullets in them

You can reload in the open

Cover is enforced by fault line not some guy guessing what % of your body is exposed (p.s. in the 20 USCA matches I've shot I cant recall a club having a stage where the description used the word "cover".

IDPA dictates the course of fire on EVERY stage. We limit it by % of stages that an be dictated based on the level of match you're shooting.

We use the dreaded words "tac reload" but the inclusion of the word tac reload doesnt imply their prevalance at matches. It's an option for a stage designer and its use is limited by the narrative cap.

So i'd refactor your statement to say "USCA is NOT like anything else"

In other news, our rulebook is being updated and should be even more appealing to a broader audience.

O.K. sounds better, I will try to make it if work load will let me.

I think you'll have a great time. You'll probably see a ton of your comps there too!

We also will be using our newly released USCA targets. Same outer dimensions as IDPA and USPSA targets but different internal zones. The D-zones will have 1-second less penalty time. Should hurt less hitting a delta.

Our good friends at MGM Targets will be the offfical manufacturer, and distributor, of these targets.

That is great news making the Deltas hurt less! Currently it is very taxing hitting a Delta and losing 3 seconds! Maybe make the no shoots less too! Benny the matches are fun. Some of the USCA local clubs do dictate everything which takes some of the fun out of it. Being this is USCA major match I think only 2 of the stages can be dictated. I have shot lots of these matches and cover has been required at many but with the implementation of fault lines cover is no longer an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I understanding this right? Lightened carriers are not allower in limited/iron sight division, but they are in all other divisions including Heavy Metal? There is no slide lightening on a Limited Pistol, but there is in all other divisions to include "heavy Metal"? the Limited pistol is limited to a 126mm magazine and yet as long as you meet division capacity you can use 140mms in any other division?

Your equipment rules seem to be at odds with most other multi-gun entities. The only place I could use my IPSC legal Limited rifle would be in any division BUT limited/iron sights, same with my USPSA legal limited pistol....any division BUT limited/iron sights.

I can understand a "STOCK" division that is iron sights only, no comps, no muzzle brake, factory stock magazines, factory stock pistol etc. But bastardizing already accepted Limited division equipment won't help grow and iron sight division. Now take that for what it,s worth...which is less than nothing, as it was unsolicited "free" advice.

I truely do admire what you guys are trying to do, but I really doubt that I will go to the trouble to buy several 126mm magazines for my good old STI, nor buy a standard weight carrier for my CTR-02 rifle, and I really don't think I want to weld up all the slide lightening cuts on my limited pistol to come play in Florida

you're going to calibrate rifle steel with a 55gr 223 bullet at 2900fps at 40yds!?!?!?!?!?!? :surprise: is the association going to reimburse clubs for holey steel targets?????

Also, we get to learn another "new" required target, and, we have finally got most matches to run 4moa targets so that iron sight/1x shooters can see them, and you will allow targets smaller than that from 250-400, and again from aprox. 425-500, I understand that larger is acceptable but you're advocating smaller to be acceptable in your rules.

Hope all goes well, Trapr

Is there any projected round count for this event?

Also will there be any email confirmation or online roster stating whose applications have been received and are registered for the competition?

Thanks

Max rounds per stage is 61. The target ratio will be 60% rifle and 40% pistol for the match. That being said we expect approx 550 total rounds (330-ish rifle and 220-ish pistol, not including any re-shoots or make-up shots). I'd bring 450 rounds rifle and 300 rounds pistol.

Regarding email confirmation for apps, absolutely. We'll start sending out notifications next week and will provide updates monthly moving forward.

Am I understanding this right? Lightened carriers are not allowed in limited/iron sight division, but they are in all other divisions including Heavy Metal? There is no slide lightening on a Limited Pistol, but there is in all other divisions to include "heavy Metal"? the Limited pistol is limited to a 126mm magazine and yet as long as you meet division capacity you can use 140mms in any other division?

I think you read it wrong.

The only place you CANT have slide lightening nor low mass bolt carrier is MilLe and Irons. All other divisions allow this.

Tac Ops is 140.25mm mag length. MilLe is the div with 125mm mags.

Your equipment rules seem to be at odds with most other multi-gun entities. The only place I could use my IPSC legal Limited rifle would be in any division BUT limited/iron sights, same with my USPSA legal limited pistol....any division BUT limited/iron sights.

Not sure why this would be the case. We have numerous divisions where a USPSA Limited Div pistols fits in.

I can understand a "STOCK" division that is iron sights only, no comps, no muzzle brake, factory stock magazines, factory stock pistol etc. But bastardizing already accepted Limited division equipment won't help grow and iron sight division. Now take that for what it,s worth...which is less than nothing, as it was unsolicited "free" advice.

Irons is our base division.

I truely do admire what you guys are trying to do, but I really doubt that I will go to the trouble to buy several 126mm magazines for my good old STI, nor buy a standard weight carrier for my CTR-02 rifle, and I really don't think I want to weld up all the slide lightening cuts on my limited pistol to come play in Florida.

You only need to plug holes and run 125mm mags in Irons and MilLe.

you're going to calibrate rifle steel with a 55gr 223 bullet at 2900fps at 40yds!?!?!?!?!?!? :surprise: is the association going to reimburse clubs for holey steel targets?????

Also, we get to learn another "new" required target, and, we have finally got most matches to run 4moa targets so that iron sight/1x shooters can see them, and you will allow targets smaller than that from 250-400, and again from aprox. 425-500, I understand that larger is acceptable but you're advocating smaller to be acceptable in your rules.

Hope all goes well, Trapr

Thanks for your feedback. Have a great weekend!

Yep, I got it, but you see my iron sight rifle(CTR-02) does have a lightened carrier from the factory and I can shoot it in USPSA limited division, IPSC standard semi auto division, and any tac iron 3-gun division. My limited legal pistol is lightened which I can shoot at any 3-gun, IPSC, USPSA match. I shoot iron sights but it seems that I wouldn't be able to shoot my prefered division with my iron sight equipment that I have used since 2003 in iron sight division both here and overseas. That is why I made the assumption that your limited/ iron sight division was at odds with the rest of the matches. I see my mistake now. Thanks for clarifying the rules for me.

Edited by kurtm

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but then I wouldn't be able to keep my pretty shooting shirts all pressed and spiffy and how am I going to get those razor sharp creases in my cargo pants legs without IRONS? Silly guy! Go back to your R.O. home work.