Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Second squib

JFYI http://sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=749 I had two 650's for a while but the bench was too crowded so got rid of one.

Mliebs - Lubricant is the evil on a powder measure, I wash mine down with brake cleaner over 100k rounds still running. Dillon and LNL.

The LNL measure has never given any trouble, I can't say that about the Dillon, its had several parts replaced, and don't ask about how many parts I replaced on the 650. It does a good job when tuned correctly kind of like an open gun. The LNL more like a limited gun, get it right it stays right.

There are two reasons the Hornady will miss a drop both are operator error, 1. Plunger hitting case feeder post. 2. Bushing not tightened.

Dillon 650 - 1. If the fail safe is too tight it will pull the little square block out, 2. The cantilever screw can come out. 3. The fail safe nut backs off. That's 3 and none of them are "operator error".

Common operator errors: 1. Short Stroke. 2. Let it run out of powder. there are probably more.

I had a bunch of Squibs one time, went to happy hour had 5 margarettas, came home and loaded ammo for a match the next morning. B :surprise: ottom line don't drink and load!

Edited by CocoBolo

There are two reasons the Hornady will miss a drop both are operator error, 1. Plunger hitting case feeder post. 2. Bushing not tightened.

Another reason. There can be a "linkage bind" if the case-activated moving linkage parts on the powder die get "twisted" in alignment with the powder measure they will bind and the drum will rotate up but not return, and this can throw squibs. This is also user error, IMHO.

Actually the tech at Hornady told me to Use the graphite.

I have run my dry for 100K + rounds with no issues. A very tiny amount on the outside of the long tube might not cause issues, but long as it is clean it works up and down reliably. If the inside of that tube is not kept clean it will cause bridging.