Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig mosquito first range trip

usmc1094

Just took the wife to the range with her mosquito for the first time. Ran with no problems with the CCI stuff, had 3 stove pipes with 50 rounds of Winchester bulk pack stuff. Not a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had any of the issues reported a lot with the Mosquito? I don't know specifics but I have always heard rumblings about needing to change out some factory parts to get the gun to run reliably. Have you experienced any of this?

Those were the first 100 round we have put down range. It comes with another spring for lower powered rounds, I dont know what other parts you could change out. I made sure it was well lubricated, maybe even over lubed. I saw all the horror stories when I bought it but my wife loves the thing. But I can tell you that once it got dirty is when we got the stove pipes.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you had any of the issues reported a lot with the Mosquito? I don't know specifics but I have always heard rumblings about needing to change out some factory parts to get the gun to run reliably. Have you experienced any of this?

I bought my Mosquito over a year ago. First 100-200 rounds I had a couple of issues both with CCI and other brands as well. Since then it has been flawless. I've put over a 1,000 rounds and NO issues at all. I was nervous when I first bought the gun as I herd people complain about issues. I think people didn't shoot it enough before making judgement

• 1 year later...

I have two Mosquitos. I bought both of them used several years ago. They were highly discounted over a new one. I read all the bad stories and wondered if I got a bad one, I didn't. They both run fine with most ammo I put in them. Are they 100% reliable? no! but they are descent little trainers and there is nothing wrong with a trainer throwing an immediate action drill at you at random. With ammo they like they are pretty reliable, with bulk pack they are acceptable.