Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock grip reduction and silicon carbide grip

ParkerNash

• 7 months later...

That really looks great! I've done all the grip work on my guns too. Just go for it it's fun and rewarding. I'll have to try the sandy grip I usually do the stippling with the iron.

Thank you. I don't have the patience to do stippling. :yawn:

That looks great!! Wonder if you could do this to a Aluminum STI grip? What other colors did you like?

I am not sure how well the epoxy would bond with aluminum. There were many different colors of SiC but for some reason there isn't a matte black that doesn't have some glitter look to it.

Quick question on an older thread, but hopefully I can get some responses! I'm sanded smooth, reduced, and ready to go on my grip, but am curious what others did to make clean edges after the epoxy process. Did you razor blade along the tape edges before removing the tape, or did you remove the tape, then clean up the edges? Also, how how do the edges wear & look where the grip meets the bare plastic surface?

I took a razor blade along the tape before removing. If you apply a layer that is thin enough you won't have to worry about a lip where the epoxy layer meets the the plastic if that is what you are talking about.

If the OP happens to read this or anyone else knows, how long does this stuff hold up on the gun. Does the epoxy secure it permanently for the life of the frame or does it over time slowly flake of needing to be reapplied at some point?

It doesn't flake off and it you wanted to reapply you have probably have to sand off the epoxy.

• 3 months later...

Why do this instead of skateboard tapes? Is this gripier?

Another thing I noticed, skateboard tape would tear me up bad, and my hands would be raw. Even though this is more grippy, and has a more aggressive texture, it didn't wear down my hands like sandpaper did!