Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turn around time on recent orders NOT of presses

Hi all,

As we all know, it takes a while to get presses, supplies, etc., these days. Does anyone happen to know if, by chance, if these delays apply to less significant orders? Specifically, one of my locator pins for 9mm grew legs and walked away last night, so I want to order some spares. Before doing so, I'm wondering if I'd be better off trying to find one in person at the two local places that sell Dillon products. Waiting a few days for an online order is no problem, but if it's two months, I'd probably at least try locally first. I only don't immediately do that, because "local" is a relative term in this case, each place being more than an hour away.

Thanks

I ordered some powder measure parts from the website and received them in California in three days by USPS.

Surprised how quickly they shipped the parts. Very satisfied with their service.

Received today a .223 trim die and deluxe quick change kit that I ordered on March 1st. Everything else in my order came at least a month ago. I have a feeling it was the 223 trim die that was the big hold up.

Delivery time after order from Dillon seems dependent upon on what you order. In my experience small replacement parts usually arrive within days. On the other hand I ordered a .380 ACP conversion, toolhead and small primer assy for my SDB March 19 and just rec'd notice it has shipped and should arrive tomorrow May 18.

My 9mm die set is backordered (and one set sold for 190 on ebay.. wow, crazy). They're shipping me something out on warranty that I should be paying for (not one to look a gift horse in the mouth here) and I suspect its something that will ship quick because its a very common set of parts (specifically decapping pins and the 4th station on my sdb tool head).

Well, fwiw, I placed the order a week ago and haven't gotten any notifications other than the initial order confirmation. Fortunately, it's not for anything critical, so it's no issue.

Overscore. I have an extra and if you need it before yours comes in toss me a PM and I will loan it to you. Retread

Much appreciated! I was off work today, so I took a trip to my relatively local shop that sells Dillon parts and was able to get one. I also picked up a shiny new roller handle, since my hands were screaming for one after decapping 3,000 cases last night. But THANKS!

I ordered a 9mm caliber conversion kit, a .40S&W case gage, and a deluxe quick change kit (along with my 650).

Still waiting on the 650 (been 3 weeks), but got the other stuff two weeks to the date of order.

So...OTHER THAN THE PRESS...two weeks was my wait.

Not to take from Brian he is who I bought my 550b from. But Grafs has a bunch of dillon stuff in stock. I ordered a 40s&w case gauge, powder dies and other stuff and had it in 3 days.

I did the same.. Less than a week and I had a 650

I am going on 19 weeks for 223 dies. Sucks to suck

I cleaned out my parts box and sent in about a dozen items under warranty. I had the replacements in about a week after my box was received. I ordered a new powder measure assembly and powder drop tube for .223. That order took a little over two weeks to arrive.