Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CNC Slide Work - New Gun Build

jid2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adjustment are made with set screws, but they are only one way. You have to use your finger to push them back the other direction. Not ideal but wanted to start that way.

20130617_173324.jpg

Yeah. You just need to do it as a complete system, you can't make it just swap out the emitter, the optics dont work that way. Red was the original "dot" color because that was the brightest wavelength and provided contrast to green against a forest background.

I was going to do green or blue for this, but using a glass from a cmore made it a no go.

Shot the gun and revised sight last night in the little evening match. I only had a few minutes to sight it in before the match and had to stop at "in the ballpark". It ended up being a few inches high and a few inches left, which made me work for the steel at distance. I'll need to spend some time and actually dial it in on an actual zero. My 3D printed battery door cracked and feel off in the middle of a string of targets, and then the battery came flying out and the dot turned off mid stage. So I'll need to make a real door. For now I have tape!

That said the sight was awesome and provides the vision and point-ability I was hoping for. Looking forward to getting it on zero, and shooting it full bore with confidence!

When you decide to produce them for sale put me on the "I'll take one" list.

In the mean time of you're looking someone to test and ring one out I'd be willing to volunteer :D

Edited by TMC