Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

308 build

drglock

My gunsmith just sent me photos of my rifle,ships next week.

Trued Remington action

Krieger barrel mtu contour finished at 22 1-10 twist

Badger thruster brake

Timmney trigger

Manners T4A stock with mini chassis

Ceracoated armour black

image_zpsb65c49c1.jpg

image_zps3bdb90b1.jpg

Sighted the rifle in then shot this 5 shot group with the 190gr SMK'S . Now just need the weather here in Oklahoma to calm down so I can shoot it at distance and see what it does.

image_zps4662fc5c.jpg

• 6 months later...

Here's my new load I've worked up for it

PowerPro 2000 MR 47.7 grs @ 2735 fps

Berger 175 Long range BT's

Lapua brass

4 shots at 100yds

image_zps14ea8b10.jpg

Here it is all finished up in new paint by Custom Gun Coatings

image_zpsed69575c.jpg

Edited by drglock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice rifle and nice printing at 100yds. The fun part will come when shooting 1000yds, if you have access to such a range (if you have access to a range with a Kongsberg target system you can learn more in a few hours than some people in a year). It looks like you have an Atlas bipod, which is good because the legs pivot back and forth (unlike a Harris) and will help you follow vapor trails and hits. I shoot 175 w/ 45 Varget and 190 SMKs with 44 Varget out of a 22 inch barrel. The sweet spot is finding whatever load the rifle tunes to while also producing a retained velocity over the speed of sound at 1000yds (the 42.5 Varget might not be enough with a 190). Spend some time with the ballistic software and interestingly the 190 SMK does a bit better than then 175, and bucks the wind a bit better (no, it's not flatter though); your 1 in 10 twist barrel is perfect. Print the dope out in 5 yard increments and dial for gold. It's a real trip when you put everything together. The final frontier is reading the wind.