Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can't get open gun to run

lvipscshooter

Ok frustration level is at a 15 on a 1-10 scale. My son's open gun will not take rounds into battery. I have tried rounds with a OAL from 1.225 down to 1.185 and every other round stovepipes. I don't think it's a mag issue, because all our mags work in my gun, and every other gun we tried them in. The ejector is not touching the cases, and the extractor isn't hitting on the way in either. It almost seems like it is kicking the nose of the round of the ramp and up. It stovepipes so bad I have actually creased a case on the barrel ramp. Suggestions as we are trying to get this solved by Area 1 next weekend

Thanks

When did this start happening? Have you changed anything at all in the past few months? If you are sure the ammo and mags are good, I would look closely at the extractor. May not be enough tension to properly extract and hit the ejector. Also, make sure your grip screws are tight and check closely for any cracks.

KInda hard to guess what it is with the little info provided. If I have the rounds jamming into the barrel hood (stove pipe is a failure to eject an empty casing,leaving it trapped between the breach face and barrel hood)it usually is mag related, but can also be an extractor issue. Have you removed the extractor and cleaned it and the tunnel it fits in?

I had this problem on a gun, I'm taking the problem literal. It started doing what yours is doing I kept hobbling along with it then on a stage I could not make ready. Gave it to my smith he called me next day and told me to come pick it up. The problem was a burr on the locking lugs of the barrel. From the sound of things everything else is perfect so it could be.