Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production holsters

MNshooter

Brand new USPSA member. My rule book is fresh off the press. I've read it but either missed or can't find the answers to the following questions:

1) I have a G34 that I'd like to use in a G17 holster. Is it acceptable to have the muzzle exposed / uncovered? If it matters, it is a BladeTech DOH.

2) All DOH holsters I've seen have a slight cant so the muzzle would point at your leg when standing, particularly if you have a wide stance. This is acceptable? I know you can't sweep yourself when holstering, etc. why would this be OK when holstered?

Thanks!

Edited by MNshooter

Don't the bladetech doh holsters have the bottom sides of the holsters rolled in making the bottom almost solid so you cant put a gun longer than it was made for in it? The one for my M&P does. If the one for the g17 is the same way you would have to cut the bottom off before you can put a g34 in it.

Don't the bladetech doh holsters have the bottom sides of the holsters rolled in making the bottom almost solid so you cant put a gun longer than it was made for in it? The one for my M&P does. If the one for the g17 is the same way you would have to cut the bottom off before you can put a g34 in it.

For my M&P Pro I just took my DOH M&P holster, used a hairdryer to heat up the rolled in bottom, and bent the rolled area out so the M&P Pro slide fits through the end. Yes it protrudes a little but that has never bothered me. Both guns now work in the same holster.

Eric

For my M&P Pro I just took my DOH M&P holster, used a hairdryer to heat up the rolled in bottom, and bent the rolled area out so the M&P Pro slide fits through the end. Yes it protrudes a little but that has never bothered me. Both guns now work in the same holster.

After reading this, I feel a bit foolish that I sent my Black Ice holster back to Blade-Tech to fix it because the bottom was molded in too aggressively and the gun wouldn't seat all the way. I didn't realize it would be that easy to fix it myself. :blush:

Brand new USPSA member. My rule book is fresh off the press. I've read it but either missed or can't find the answers to the following questions:

1) I have a G34 that I'd like to use in a G17 holster. Is it acceptable to have the muzzle exposed / uncovered? If it matters, it is a BladeTech DOH.

2) All DOH holsters I've seen have a slight cant so the muzzle would point at your leg when standing, particularly if you have a wide stance. This is acceptable? I know you can't sweep yourself when holstering, etc. why would this be OK when holstered?

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I thought it would be OK but I wanted to check. After all, if you're not following the rules, what's the point?

Except you are ;), sweeping of the lower extremities is permissible while drawing or re-holstering:

10.5.5.1 Exception – A match disqualification is not applicable for sweeping of the lower extremities (below the belt) while drawing or re-holstering of the handgun, provided that the competitor’s fingers are clearly outside of the trigger guard. This exception is only for holstered handguns. Sweeping does not apply to a handgun holstered in compliance with Rules 5.2.1 and 5.2.7