Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best "match trigger" for a Sig516

DrLove

AR Gold, JP, CMC, and ones I haven't tried yet such as Wilson Combat TTU and Timney.

I like the write up below:

AR15 Trigger comparison 2012 (Wilson TTU 3G, Geissele, Armalite NM, Jard adj.

I like the AR Gold and JP (installed by JP) a lot but the OP in the above thread really liked his Wilson TTU 3G. I need more time with the CMC to make a substantive opinion and I would really like to try a TTU. I'm not a big fan of the Geissele offerings and I've had quite a bit of time with the S3G.

Like bagdrag, not a fan of the Geissle's.

Triggers are some personal preference and it depends on where you started, what you are used to in other rifles, your speed and to a lesser degree, the interacting components.

For a 2-Stage, most people will agree that the AR-Gold is at, or near the top of the pack.

The CMC, POF, JP and Jard are all triggers I would recommend you consider in a single stage...BUT go shoot them, at speed and at distance and pick the one you like. While I have done a lot of trigger jobs, I am more and more recommending the drop-ins for time and a lower frustration level, especially for folks newer to the platform.

If you plan on running a .22LR upper, or possibly some of the heavier recoiling uppers on that lower, then your choice does narrow some.

All of that said, you can get some decent trigger pulls modifying a decent stock trigger. I just put a Windham trigger in a beater lower, it was pretty good. I put in a Wolf trigger upgrade spring kit (like $7) and it is honestly better than some of the "match" triggers. It is no Jard or JP or AR-Gold, but it is good. Other mil-spec triggers have been so bad they were not even worth working on.

The POF is about 4.5 #, so heavier than the JPs I run and a heavier than the CMC too.

I have not measured the total travel, but it feels close to the CMC. No perceivable creep and what I would consider less than normal overtravel for a quality match trigger. Very crisp, excellent reset. If they took a pound or 2 off the pull weight, it might be my favorite...

I have an ALG group in my Stag. It smooth and crisp, about 4#. Works for me.

Which one? QMS, ACT, Combat?

At work right now, believe it is the ACT, will try to check tonight.

Correction it is the Combat ALG.

Edited by GuildSF4

• 3 weeks later...

The Hiperfire trigger has what you need in reference to short per-travel, quick reset and pull weights from 2 to 4lbs. Also hard hitting hammer. Check out hiperfire.com

Never heard of them and that alone makes me nervous.

Pat

I just installed a drop in CMC tactical flat one stage trigger. They quote it at 4.5# According to the crappy wheeler pull gauge i have it's closer to 2# and by my feel i'd have to concur .

I absolutely love this trigger. For the price ( about 80 bucks less then a geissle ) it rocks. The only thing i would like is slightly less travel overall , but , that's nit picking . Installation couldn't be easier and it comes with anti walk trigger pins. I got mine from shooter's connection

I just installed a drop in CMC tactical flat one stage trigger. They quote it at 4.5# According to the crappy wheeler pull gauge i have it's closer to 2# and by my feel i'd have to concur .

I absolutely love this trigger. For the price ( about 80 bucks less then a geissle ) it rocks. The only thing i would like is slightly less travel overall , but , that's nit picking . Installation couldn't be easier and it comes with anti walk trigger pins. I got mine from shooter's connection

In my experience so far, the only thing that would beat the CMC in trigger pull and travel is an AR Gold and a JP installed JP trigger. Both cost a bit more than the CMC.

The Hiperfire trigger has what you need in reference to short per-travel, quick reset and pull weights from 2 to 4lbs. Also hard hitting hammer. Check out hiperfire.com

Never heard of them and that alone makes me nervous.

Pat

HTP_24_Burst.png

Looks like a couple springs too many.

• 1 month later...

Another vote for the Hipefire...I've been using one for a year now, shortest reset of any trigger on the market. Totally user friendly and the extra springs provided allow for adjustment of the trigger pull from around 2.5# to 4#.

Edited by cd0306