Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about Safariland ELS System

Ok, noob question about the ELS system. I need your help.

What products and accessories, other than straight from Safariland, are compatible with the ELS system? I could probably get away with going mostly all ELS, but their shot shell caddies aren't what I'm looking for if I want to eventually learn quad load. Also, if there are better holsters of mag holders that are compatible I would like to know about those. I know most people do CR Speed belts, but I got a 50% off coupon at the NRA show and I would like to take advantage of it.

I'm looking for answers like: "brand A, B or C are completely compatible with ELS because they work like this..." or "This system is the same as ELS and is compatible" or "I bought this one and I had to modify it like this..."

Basically, I've watched a video on how it works. I get that, but I don't know enough about other brands to know what works with it and what doesn't. I've seen other people with ELS systems running Bladetech holsters and AP shot gun shell caddies...but I don't know how they're doing it. Modifications? Or are they just compatible? Is it as easy as slapping on of those forking systems on them?

Thanks in advance!

G

Carbon arms FSL shotgun caddies work with ELS plates and are a direct bolt on. I believe their other products will work as well. I use a bladeteck holster and mount it to the belt using a QLS attachment. Belt had to be drilled to add QLS plate. Center of mass for mag pouches and bladeteck for AR pouches round out my belt and both are a direct bolt on to the ELS plate. U will need to make a trip to the hardware store for different mounting hardware. Hope this helps.

Jeff

I’m a 3 gunner and I love the ELS system. I buy the Equipment locking System kit and have attached everything that I have needed. IF you can drill a hole in it for the most part you can attach the ELS and you’re good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

What about sizes? Do you up the size of the belt like the CR Speed?

I'm a 34 waist and bought a 34 inner belt and 36 outer gear belt. The 34 inner belt is fine but the 36 outer was too long. Long story short, I wish I bought both a 34 inner and outer belt.