Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LiveShots @ Single Stack Nationals

BritinUSA

The general consensus is that Dave would have won had he not gone Minor. Rob said as much during his acceptance speech when he stated clearly that Sevigny had shot the better match.

I could not resist. It may not be exact but Dave would of won by ~9.6689 points. :(

753 Spectators watched the match using LiveShots on Friday and 541 on Saturday (a lower number is expected on Saturday as many potential viewers were at local matches).

So far over 2000 videos have been watched from over 20 countries, USA, Germany and Costa Rica having the most viewers.

The Single Stack Videos are now on their own page as the front page is now reset ready for the Revolver Nationals tomorrow.

Thanks for the awesome videos. It was really cool to see them shoot almost live as we were making our drive back to oklahoma.

So why did blake get bumped to open?

Edited by Prov1x

The general consensus is that Dave would have won had he not gone Minor. Rob said as much during his acceptance speech when he stated clearly that Sevigny had shot the better match.

I could not resist. It may not be exact but Dave would of won by ~9.6689 points. :(

Boggles the mind, what if Dave had actually shot the match with a 9mm/38 super, 130PF and the couple extra rounds per mag?

that is only if you correct Dave's hit factors. Shooting minor, David won three stages. Two of these would have been by a higher hit factor. Rob's HF on those two would have been a lower percentage, lowering his match points. This widens the difference to 17.84 points.

I used AAA stuff at Nats and made major power factor (mine is 40).

I did a quick spreadsheet, I think it would have been Dave with something like 1104.247 points and Rob with 1086.402

With Max making a stomach-churning 165.0 at the chrono, its clear that either the ammo was off, or the chrono' was.

I think the chron was fine.... my ammo chrono results from Blue Grass, SSN, and my own chrono were where they should be.

Edited by mikeg1005

My 40 loads chrono at 170-171 at home and they chronoed 168 at ssnats. That is the exact same chrono reading as I had last year, both at home and at the match. At least i know there's is consistantly 2-3 lower than mine.

Edited by Prov1x

Since I do the scoring for the match; I ran Dave as Major just to see what would have happened, Mike1005 is spot on with the numbers. Blake's gun was overwieght, something like 43.4. Robbie also finished second to Jerry in the REvolver Nationals and Robbie was then declared the aggregate winner of the 2013 Classic Nationals with a crystal trophy.

Videos of the match are excellent and much appreciated.

A friend told me of a scenario the atlanta arms had a guaranteed major power factor and if you could show you were using their ammo you would be declared major. Was he dreaming?

I think you are referring to 'Official Match Ammo' which organizers sometimes provide as a service. If a competitor uses that official ammo then regardless of the chrono reading it is declared Major. There was no official match ammo for the SS Nats.

Yea thats probably it. As far as Rob owing Atlanta Arms a thank you note is kinda like saying everyone owes the tube makers that dislodged the gun from Rob's hands last year a thank you note. 19 SS nationals in one form or another Rob's won 17 of them placed 2nd in one and DQ'ed in the other. WOW. Then turns around and places 2nd at the revolver Nats unbelievable

Videos of the match are excellent and much appreciated.

You're welcome...

Is it possible to get a spreadsheet showing all the scores for the competitors ? I am trying to figure out a graph showing the top ten shooters and having the data in a spreadsheet would be easier than manually typing in all the stage points.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the stats from my web-site... Viewers have watched over 30,000 videos from Single-Stack/Revolver Nationals.

Next stop... Double-Tap, then Area-3... then the big three, Limited, Open and Production Nationals.