Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LiveShots @ Single Stack Nationals

BritinUSA

I am hoping to be able to upload videos from the range but I won't know for sure until Friday. If connection is not possible then I will upload the videos at the end of the day from the hotel.

Shooting starts at 8am CT, Friday I will be working with Squad 13 which includes Sara Dunivin, Jessie Duff, Lisa Larson, Lisa Munson, Maggie Reese and Doni Spencer (I think). The top men shoot on Saturday on Squad 25. Both squads start on Stage 1.

Click this link to visit LiveShots

You will need QuickTime to view the videos, click the Information icon on the top right if there are issues viewing the videos.

NB: The rain came down by the bucket load on Thursday evening. The range is very muddy, so bring the right shoes if you are shooting, also bring a trash bag or something to keep your range bag dry.

Britin, I'm not getting Chrome to work at all. Says that Quicktime needs my permission to continue.

Safari on the other hand works fine when it works. When it does NOT work it just pops up the video window, pauses for a few seconds and gives me the question mark. I was able to see at least one of the shooters on all of the stages. Seems like a timeout thing or buffering issue? No real rhyme or reason to which ones don't work that I can see. Cool site none the less!

The Chrome/permissions thing is a function of Chrome, it acts as a mechanism to block sites from running plugins unless they have been authorized. There will be a setting somewhere in Chrome where you can authorize it on a site by site basis. I think this feature came out in 2011.

Not sure if the latest versions of Chrome have this issue, I don't know how to disable it either as its on the browser side of things..

The videos that give you a ?, do they do that each time, or does it work if you try again ?

Can you give me the name of one that fails ?

All play for me on my IPad but Sara's stages 12 & 13.

I had the same problem with 12 & 13... I just refreshed my cache and 13 now works... I also just reloaded Stage 12 for Sara and that works now after clearing the cache.

The Chrome/permissions thing is a function of Chrome, it acts as a mechanism to block sites from running plugins unless they have been authorized. There will be a setting somewhere in Chrome where you can authorize it on a site by site basis. I think this feature came out in 2011.

Not sure if the latest versions of Chrome have this issue, I don't know how to disable it either as its on the browser side of things..

The videos that give you a ?, do they do that each time, or does it work if you try again ?

Can you give me the name of one that fails ?

No if I go back to the same video it does the same thing with a shorter pause. It sort of acts like a bandwidth, latency, buffer, timeout sort of thing, but going back it does the same. Weird.

Like I said, I was able to see at least one of the shooters on each stage and when it works it works great.

Edit: FYI, I Got the plugin enabled on Chrome. Now it does the exact same as Safari...

Edited by Shadowrider