Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First time shooting IDPA

FatboyHD

Shot IDPA for the first time last night. WOW!!!! What a blast. I'm addicted, came home and signed up for next week. I had considering joining for last two years or so, but never could find anyone to go with. Finally, just took the leap on my own. Wish I would have started a long time ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Its addicting! If you can sign up on squads, find a squad that has some good experienced shooters on it and shoot with them. Ask questions and watch some of the really good shooters at your club. Most of them are willing to help out and talk to new shooters.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to shoot at any match for any type of competitive shooting and I'm really looking forward to my first IDPA match. I'll be following a coworker for the first match that I attend. Can't wait!

I have yet to shoot at any match for any type of competitive shooting and I'm really looking forward to my first IDPA match. I'll be following a coworker for the first match that I attend. Can't wait!

I would take your gear and go ahead and shoot. Take your time and get a feel for it, you will have a blast. Nobody expects you to break any records your first time out.

Edited by FatboyHD

I would take your gear and go ahead and shoot. Take your time and get a feel for it, you will have a blast. Nobody expects you to break any records your first time out.

Ahmen fatboyhd. As a new shooter, they'll just walk ya through and expect only one thing from ya.....That you be safe.

Practice some ,,,,go to a major match and join up with a squad where you don't know anyone!!! You will be surprised how many people will voltuneer to help you and give you tips and tricks!! And you meet some of the most interesting people. We usually go as a group of 4-6,,,,all friends that shoot together all the time and end horseplaying!!!