Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Screwed...

Foxbat

Hate to hear that V, hope you still have a full recovery. My shoulder started bothering me again and I just went back to the surgeon a few weeks ago. I have an impingement now and so they are working on it and going through PT so I can avoid any serious damage. They also told me when scar tissue starts building up, that's when things get worse so like you said, don't wait until it's too late.

Thanks for the heads up!

Recovery although painful is a very important part of feeling better fully. The shoulder is the only part of the body where tendons hold it all together. Tensions will shrink only a certain amount and there is a small window after surgery that this will happen. So it is extremely important to keep the shoulder immobilizes as possibly. This helps keep the shoulder firmly in place . when the doc says Do not take it out of the sling, don't . The more you move it before its time to do so the tensions will not shrink back as much as they can and cause problems later on. This is why sometimes people don't feel as good as they could months after. You will be happy after its all said and done just sucks getting to the other side . JMHO. Good luck