Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always called those "Writing Spiders" (real scientific, huh?). You can see his "signature" in the bottom of the picture. In fact, I have one living under my home-office window.

In high school one of my brothers had one he called his Pet. He would catch flys, open the window and throw them into the web.

My brother's a nice guy, but he ain't right, y'all. :lol:

Back in my younger days, when I lived in South Texas I ran into these gals quite regularly.

I was told they were "garden" spiders......don't know if that is correct.

BUT

I can tell you this.....

Their webs are extrememly strong, and just as sticky if not more.

HOP

They are fun to play with though, get a piece of grass or something similar and tickle the underside of their belly....they will make the whole web shake up and down like if they were on a tramploene.

I don't know which is worse... the spiders or their damned webs.  Scary.  Sticky.  Fiendish. :ph34r:

I used to think coffee was a pretty good eye-opener in the morning. But there's nothing quite like going out to get the paper or get in the truck and run my face into a spider web. :blink:

<shudder>

To add to the hate, I'm getting tired of finding these little bastards inside. Okay, yeah, I disturbed their "habitat(s)" out in my garage, but it's my damned garage and my damned house, so stay the f@#$ outside and live out there, 'cause you will die in here.

Just in case anyone is interested, RAID Ant & Roach killer in the reddish-purpleish can does wonders on spiders. Ususally insect killers are too effective on arachnids, but this stuff is great. Comes in a "Country Fresh" scent that isn't too bad, too.

*Great solution for those that venture from the garage into the house!

Chet,

If my memory serves me......That is your Standard division Fly spider.

Standard because he/she has no serious poison(I have had an encounter, no worse than a yellow jacket) and no permanent Web.

Also Standard because it has no race gun holster and forward mag pouches. ;)

Actually a very benificial creature.

HOP

• 1 month later...

Bleh, an 'exhibition', even!! Some people don't know when to quit!

Even though I sense this thread COULD become another "reloading benches" phenomenon, it DOES have a ways to go...

Reloading Benches = 60,138 viewings

Spiders = 2,787 viewings

(Statistics reflect the count at the time of this posting.) :blink::blink:

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...