Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RT 1200 question..

Does anyone know what the difference between a RT 1200 and an RT1200B is? Is there even such a thing? Probably a dumb question but, a guy I know has what reads RT 1200 for sale. It looks as though it is an older machine, I simply didnt know if Dillon ever put out a new model as the website now read RT 1200B. This should be pretty easy to answer... Thanks

I see no official reference or link to a non-b model. (Although lots of casual references to just "1209".). Seems like "b" should be an update, but doesn't appear to be.

Don't forget there are two different trim motors. One is for 7.62x39 (ak-47) and 6.8spc. The other is for everything else. The trim dies must be used on their respective motor.

The "b" issue is perplexing...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

There are two parts to the trimmer: the motor (not caliber specific, except as described in my first post) and the die (caliber specific). The trim die is stamped with the caliber like other dies. None of this is machine specific.

To know what caliber the die is for, you will have to visually inspect or ask the owner.

The trim die mounts on a tool head like any other die. The trim motor mounts on top of the trim die.

• 7 months later...

I've Googled this question; I see that it has been asked several times, and yet no answers have been given. What is the difference between the 1200 and 1200b? I read elsewhere that a fellow called Dillon, and the person he spoke to didn't know. Anybody have a guess? I just purchased a 1200 (not realizing that it wasn't the b model until I received it), and would like to know if there are any points I need to be aware of. I don't see a user manual on Dillon's website.

I asked this same question on this forum. Mine is the 1200 and not the B unit. Yet, I bought it new in box, so I was equally perplexed. I decided to forget about it and use it. I just couldn't find any difference, has anyone asked Dillon? Typically whenever there is a letter, it means there was a change or an "up rev" as we used to say in my blueprint days. And when I say I just went ahead and used it, I am D- user after damaging my trim die on my first outing. Don't knock your self out, get the thing dialed in, read the instructions and enjoy. Also, there are a zillion threads on the 1200. Everyone has a different way of using it. I just started a thread on how I intend to use mine.

Repetition of discussions on the same issues is very common on this forum. It's like telling my adult children the same story again and again. I call it a "ginkgo biloba" moment :)

I asked the person I bought it from (he seems to be pretty knowledgeable about Dillon equipment), and he says the only difference he's seen is that the 1200b has a quick disconnect on the electrical cord. He says: "I've had to replace the quick disconnects on at least 3 B models because they were damaged." So there you have it!

I asked the person I bought it from (he seems to be pretty knowledgeable about Dillon equipment), and he says the only difference he's seen is that the 1200b has a quick disconnect on the electrical cord. He says: "I've had to replace the quick disconnects on at least 3 B models because they were damaged." So there you have it!

Yep. It sounds like he was very wise.

Well my 1200 has a label on it that says its a 1200 only ! But it has the quick disconnect power cord. I have had it since 2005 ? My 1200 was built by Von Weise Model #V03345AC81. And Made in Mexico. I recently had and opportunity to stop over at a 07 SOT (Manufacture of Ammunition) and he had 4 1050 + a 650 and a 550 in his shop. He had 3 Dillon 1200 Trimmers. Between his 3 + mine, there were three different 1200's. IE; in size and speeds. In fact he was puzzled by mine, since he never seen one like it.

I think Dillon over the years has gone thru multiple suppliers of these motors. They look similar but are not.