Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decaping/sizing Die's Pin

650 9mm Lee die

Adjusted per Lee's instructions-- top of pin flush with collar. Die itself set to touch shell plate, back a half a turn or so.

Only recently it's been jamming and pushing the decaping pin up. Over and over.

What's up with this ?

berdan primed cases? Or maybe the pin got bent and it is hitting the bottom of the case? Is the nut really tight that holds the pins depth? Mine will move up ever so slightly over time but the only time mine has ever jammed was when I hit a berdan primer.

It's snug. I thought it might be bent, but eyeballing it looks OK. #$%^& I bet that's it. "New" batch of range brass. There must be more than usual sprinkled in. I hate to have to go through cases by hand :-( but I guess that's the only way

• 4 weeks later...

berdan primed cases? Or maybe the pin got bent and it is hitting the bottom of the case? Is the nut really tight that holds the pins depth? Mine will move up ever so slightly over time but the only time mine has ever jammed was when I hit a berdan primer.

What's the best way to check for cases set up for Berdan primers?

Are they usually in specific case stampings, or should you look inside every case to make sure?

I use a RCBS rock chucker to de-prime my brass.. before cleaning.. I once broke a de-priming pin on a military crimped brass.. now I am careful not to use too much pressure and stop when I feel abnormal resistance..