Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock wrap around grips, which is thicker?

Tuflehundon

I have been working on my shooting technique lately and have been mulling around about getting some wrap around grips to put on my Limited Glock 22. I have huge hands, and the Glock is a little small in my hand. On my 1911, I had some grip panels custom made and that wrapped around and had finger groves up front, and it made the grip larger than normal. That helped my grip and shooting a lot as it put my finger in a better position on the trigger. But that's not an option with the Glock, so I am down to wrap arounds.

Anyone know which is the thickest / largest? Pachmyer, Hogue, other?

Hogue handall is thicker than Pachmyer. Probably twice as thick.

You must have hands like Paul Bunyan. The Glock grip is already pretty big.

Yes my hands are huge. I even have a hard time finding gloves, usually have to order them instead of buying them at the store. Wrists are huge to. When I buy a new watch, I have to have them add 2 or 3 links so it will fit.

I can just hear all the Navy cats going glassy eyed & muttering "oh what big hands you have Marine." :goof:

Another option may be getting a G20 & putting a .40 conversion barrel in it. An expensive option but it would give you more to work with being in your genetic predicament.

Thanks for the input guys. I picked up a set of the Hogue Handall's at my LGS and put them on today. Huge improvement in the feel of the grip. Heard some people complain about the grips moving around on them after a while, so I left the grip tape I already had on the grip and put the Hogue on top of that. It was a PITA to put on, but if it helps long term I'll try it.

@ dzhitshard: May have to look into that option in the future. hadn't thought of getting a 10mm and changing the barrel. I assume I'd be able to use the 10mm mags for 40?

Thanks for the input guys. I picked up a set of the Hogue Handall's at my LGS and put them on today. Huge improvement in the feel of the grip. Heard some people complain about the grips moving around on them after a while, so I left the grip tape I already had on the grip and put the Hogue on top of that. It was a PITA to put on, but if it helps long term I'll try it.

@ dzhitshard: May have to look into that option in the future. hadn't thought of getting a 10mm and changing the barrel. I assume I'd be able to use the 10mm mags for 40?

I stole the idea from a thread a couple rows down so I can't say with first hand knowledge but I am fairly sure you could be able to. You'd deffinitely be able to load to a longer OAL since the mags are what restrict max OAL with a G22.