Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Draft rule book is posted

eliminator

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at it without being logged in.

Looks like SP01 shadows, stainless frame SIGs and XDs are now SSP legal, with the bumped weight limits and the changed striker fired language. Steel guide rods are now legal in SSP.

A few tweaks to classifier times.

Some clarification on what cover means.

Edited by Racer377

I saw no substantial changes and it looks like the rules will still be whatever the SO at the stage wants them to be... ugh

+1

Like you said whatever the SO at the stage wants or what ever the local clubs wants to suit their needs.

It took them that long and that much effort to say XDs should be allowed in SSP and SSP and ESP arent different enough for there to be that much variance in classifier times. What did the TIger Teams do?

So If they are saying the mods in ESP dont give you that much of an advantage, why not just make all the mods in ESP legal in SSP and make it a minor power factor division and just make ESP a major power factor division.

I was really hoping they would make a new division for major power factor or let 10mm and 40 major back into CDP. O well maybe next rule book change

I like the new language of the manual safety being on/off at the discrestion of the shooter. My club makes all safeties start in the on position currently. Which is a disadvantage when shooting my Beretta 92 vs the glocks in SSP. Though I may shoot my XD in SSP now that it will be legal.

I really like this new rule it makes alot of sense, and doesnt put you at a round disadvantage if you want to shoot a compact or j frame:

E1.4. Loading Device (Magazine, Speed Loader, Moon Clip) Count

• Shooters starting with 8 or more rounds in all loading devices are allowed to start with the loaded

firearm plus two additional loading devices.

• Shooters starting with 6 or 7 rounds in all loading devices are allowed to start with the loaded

firearm plus three additional loading devices.

• Shooters starting with 5 or fewer rounds in all loading devices are allowed to start with the loaded

firearm plus four additional loading devices.

• No additional loading devices beyond the above limits may be used during a string.

I think the Rule E5.16. is stupid. If your a fat guy you can easily pass that test, but if you are actually in good shape and dont have a gut you will probably fail it on most holsters.

Anyone else confused by Rule E6.4. Speed Loader Carrier Pictures: They have the same picture of a Ready Tactical speedloader holder listed as not legal at the top and legal at the bottom. I'm going to be really pissed if they are not legal since I just bought three of them last week.

Edited by Fordfan485

From what I read about the ESP class:

• Selective DA/SA firearms will start cocked and locked or decocked.
  • Double action, double action only, or striker-fired firearms may have a manual safety engaged at the shooter’s discretion
  • All firearms legal in SSP are legal for use in ESP.

Yeehah! I am now shooting my GP in the ESP class, cocked and locked, safety off. I advise CZ, Sig and B92 guys to do the same.

• Double action, double action only, or striker-fired firearms may have a manual safety engaged at the shooter’s discretion
Yeehah! I am now shooting my GP in the ESP class, cocked and locked, safety off. I advise CZ, Sig and B92 guys to do the same.

cocked an locked means cocked with the safety on.. not sure what you mean here.

The rules are contradictory.

I like the new rules! The new classification standards are particularly interesting. They made CDP the easiest division to "make rank", as it should be with the increased recoil and the lower mag capacity.

I also saw NO mention of round dumping. That rule needed to be done away with.

Yeah......now you just have to reload before moving. Not sure if that trade off is a "win"

Yeah......now you just have to reload before moving. Not sure if that trade off is a "win"

How is that rule different than before? What did I miss? I understood you were never allowed to move from cover with an unloaded gun.

The only reload change I saw was now it's legal to initiate a slide-lock reload in the open if that's where you run dry.

The rules are contradictory.

I disagree. My cz is not da-only. It's da/sa, so i have to start cocked and locked, or decocked.

Edited by motosapiens

How is that rule different than before? What did I miss? I understood you were never allowed to move from cover with an unloaded gun.

The only reload change I saw was now it's legal to initiate a slide-lock reload in the open if that's where you run dry.

Read R9.1 and R9.2 You can't move from position to another while reloading. Imagine a 8' wall where P1 is at one end and P2 is at the other. Even though you are behind cover the whole time you can't reload moving to P2.

Read R9.1 and R9.2 You can't move from position to another while reloading. Imagine a 8' wall where P1 is at one end and P2 is at the other. Even though you are behind cover the whole time you can't reload moving to P2.

I see what you're saying now. Interesting...

I think the R9 section is talking about moving from cover at P1, across the open, to P2. That makes the R9.1 and 9.2 make sense. You cannot leave a "position of cover" with an empty gun. If you are moving behind a wall from P1 to P2, that is still a "position of cover".

I think the R9 section is talking about moving from cover at P1, across the open, to P2. That makes the R9.1 and 9.2 make sense. You cannot leave a "position of cover" with an empty gun. If you are moving behind a wall from P1 to P2, that is still a "position of cover".

That is not what it says.

R9.1. If the shooter runs the firearm empty behind cover, the shooter may not advance in the stage (move

toward the next shooting position) until the weapon is deemed loaded.

R9.2. When performing a Loaded Cylinder/Loaded Chamber reload, the shooter may not advance in the

stage (move toward the next shooting position) until the weapon is deemed loaded.

Nothing there at all about cover or leaving cover, just moving to next position.

That is not what it says.

R9.1. If the shooter runs the firearm empty behind cover, the shooter may not advance in the stage (move

toward the next shooting position) until the weapon is deemed loaded.

R9.2. When performing a Loaded Cylinder/Loaded Chamber reload, the shooter may not advance in the

stage (move toward the next shooting position) until the weapon is deemed loaded.

Nothing there at all about cover or leaving cover, just moving to next position. I hope I am wrong but I think that was the trade off for getting rid of the evil round dumping.