Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a new inner belt

I am currently using a safariland ELS outer belt with a standard inner belt. My problem is that the inner belt only secures by overlapping - there is no plastic clasp to adjust - then suck it in when clipping together, OR a cinch style clasp. I was looking for a new fuzzy-velcro-on-the-outside style belt that can either be adjusted or cinched down. Any ideas?

I don't know of any inner belts that have a clasp or buckle, that would get in the way. It should have the "loop" side of the Velcro on the outside which mates up with the "hook" side of Velcro on the outer belt. The inner belt should overlap some and then the outer belt Velcro mates up all the way around your waist. Are you threading the inner belt on your pants with the loop Velcro facing inside (towards your body)? I'm not being factitious, just trying to figure out what's wrong...

Oh, it overlaps fine, but it is hard to get it tight enough to hold up my pants when I put the outer belt on. I feel like all the tension comes from the inner belt, since as soon as you put the outer belt on, you can't really get it tight, since it kinda grabs the inner belt velcro, and you cant slide it to get it any tighter. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I'm able to hold one end of the inner belt with my fingers as I pull the other end snug before I press it against the exposed velcro. If anything I usually get my inner belt too tight.

I am using the Safariland ELS inner belt and find it much eaiser to get tight and keep it tight compared to the CR Speed inner belt. I just hold the outside edges of the belt while I pull it tight and stick it down on the velcro and it stays put.

One thing I would like to mention I should have said before is that the ELS inner belt sucks. I have a CR Speed, a DAA (x3), and the ELS. The worst of the inner belts is the ELS, by far! The DAA is nice and thick but a tad too thick, the CR Speed inner belt is perfect. On the outer belts, I like the DAA the best but the ELS is a close second with the CR coming in last. Try to make it work but if you cant, look around for a CR Speed inner belt and I am sure you will be happier with the way it fits and snugs up better.

• 2 weeks later...

Wear a thin webbing style belt under your inner belt (Patagonia friction belt works)

Yes, you're wearing 3 belts now...it works great.

BTW, Wilderness Tactical will sew velcro on their belts as a custom option.

You could get a seamtress to sew velcro to just about any tactical or rigger style belt to use as an inner.