Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good "available" shotgun for 3 gun these days?

DrLove

folks, as you all know it's kind of hard to find a good anything these days. What do you guys recommend for a good semi auto shotgun that I can find these days? I found a 930SPX (but that's just 18.5") bbl?? Found a Versa Max at a higher price of course, that's it. Any other shotguns you might recommend or what do I do as I prepare to join a large 3 gun match this July?

Well I look at it like this...

You plan on running a longer tube? YES!

You plan on running a clamp with longer tube? YES!

Use a beer can or some light weight sheet metal (I bought a roll of aluminum flashing at Menards for $8) and make a small strip to go under the clamp and cover the ports. You will be legal then.

Mossberg has their JM 930 barrels on backorder like everthing else related to JM 930. Ive been looking for a while myself and picked up a Versa Max. Thought real hard about the M2 but got confused and frustrated with all the legality of the 922r law so I went with American made.

Mossberg 930 Turkey model is a great base for a 3gun shottie.

Yeah but the one I could find is ported which would put me in open!!!

I snapped up a 28" ($550 Gander MTN), chopped it to 22.5, remounted the bead, put NC ext & clamp on ($120), sent trigger group off for lifter weld and trigger job ($110), and then did some dremel/file work. Easy enough to do with basic tools. I may send off for choke threading, but smooth bore is plenty accurate for my local range. This setup can easily be recreated in current market and you can likely grab the base gun cheaper if you hunt around.

• 3 weeks later...

Mossberg 930 JM Pro IN STOCK here

http://www.riflegear.com/p-1922-mossberg-930-jm-pro-12ga-24-10-shot.aspx/

send it off to get the loading port opened and some other small things and you should be goo to go!

Says the guy who won't open his port on his VM...

only if you pay for it

you can afford it, weren't you flipping pmags and noveske parts?

Mossberg 930 JM Pro IN STOCK here

http://www.riflegear.com/p-1922-mossberg-930-jm-pro-12ga-24-10-shot.aspx/

send it off to get the loading port opened and some other small things and you should be goo to go!

Says the guy who won't open his port on his VM...

only if you pay for it

you can afford it, weren't you flipping pmags and noveske parts?

yeah, but that was so i can buy more pmags and more parts to flip. so i could buy the versa max