Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When 4 minutes aren't enough...

DCMJ

It's irrelevant from where, but I have been patiently waiting for a product arrival notification.

Message delivered to my inbox at 16:03 today, logged in to the seller's site at 16:07 - already sold out. On a work day even.

Doesn't anybody else have a job?

Oh well, next time. Uh-huh, sure...

Bummer.

It is probably like one of the young gun bloggers I happened to meet...I was at the home of one of these guys a while back (not a famous one either) and he shows me this "bot" program he built. It has 4 of his Dad's credit cards (Dad gets first dibs and 5%), goes through every distributor and internet retailer I have ever heard of in about 30 second loops. When the products in the program are located, the order page auto-fills and the order is placed automatically. If a "humint" checker is found, it beeps and he just enters the code.

In April, he spent over $70K and made about $30K profit selling what he bought. He told me he knew of others doing the same thing. He quit his job as an oil-change guy at a Jiffy Lube and spends 8 to 10 hours a day checking and and repackaging stuff. The UPS guy has his garage code and backs up and just tosses boxes into the bin and picks up what is in the outgoing bin. My mouth hung open for a good 30 minutes. He thinks he can clear $100K by July and then he thinks it will not be worth it anymore. He plans to quit and go to college then.

He thinks he can clear $100K by July and then he thinks it will not be worth it anymore. He plans to quit and go to college then.

Sounds like a very savvy young entrepreneur. It won't take him long to make his first $Million.

MarkCO's blogger is just taking advantage of the supply and demand imbalance. Like it or not, that's basic capitalism. Of course, if he gets stuck with XS inventory that nobody wants at the end of all this, I am not going to feel to sorry for him if he is forced to sell at firesale prices, because that, also, is basic supply and demand capitalism.

It's irrelevant from where, but I have been patiently waiting for a product arrival notification.

Message delivered to my inbox at 16:03 today, logged in to the seller's site at 16:07 - already sold out. On a work day even.

Doesn't anybody else have a job?

Well, there are about 30 million of us who don't anymore if you count all of us.