Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock "Generation" Question

bulldog009

I'm looking to start a Glock open build. I'm planning to use my G34 Gen 4 frame as the base and use a LWD slide, which is built to Gen 3 specs. My question is will this frame and slide combo work? Next, I've been looking at parts, both slide internals and externals such as a mount, etc. What generation of Glock do I order the parts for? Will it be gen 4 for frame related parts and gen 3 for slide related parts? Thanks for your help!

The Gen 3 slide will work on a Gen 4 frame, the only problem will be a big gap between the slide and the frame dust cover/rail. Function will be fine. Decide if this is cosmetically fine with you, borrow a Gen 3 G17 or G34 from a friend to get an idea. Order Gen 4 parts for the frame and Gen 3 for the slide. There is some overlap, but easier to just specify when ordering if not familiar.

I would build it off of a gen 3 G17.

I would love to build a completely dedicated open rig, but I'm in college, so the funds are tight. It will be cheaper for me to just assemble a new top end for the G34 I already own

I would build it off of a gen 3 G17.

I would love to build a completely dedicated open rig, but I'm in college, so the funds are tight. It will be cheaper for me to just assemble a new top end for the G34 I already own

Just get a Gen 3 frame for $250. If $250 more breaks the bank maybe you should really rethinking shooting Open class.

• 5 weeks later...