Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mountain Reloading 180gr RNFPs

PKT1106

Hey all- I received my bullets last week and am requesting a check on the dimensions. I would like to compare the diameter and nose to tail dimenswions of these bullets with others who have ordered them.

Thank you

Thank you. I emailed Jake about the length because they are .040" shorter than the Rainier's i have left. Mine are measuring out to .564-.565". Can you verify your weight of the bullet you checked?

Thank you.

My pleasure!

I pulled 10 out of the bag - all ranged from 179.8 to 180.1gr.

Interestingly, I pulled out a handful of Ranier 180gr plated FP's I have on hand since you mentioned those as a comparison. They are consistently running 180.4 to 181.2gr in weight. Length on those is right at 0.600" and a diameter just a shade over .400 on the dial (perhaps 2 ten-thousandths). Almost like the Ranier is a .400 bullet that was then plated versus Jake's (RMR) that are spot-on .400 even with the plating.

Hope this helps... if you need more measurements, or perhaps even photos, let me know.

My rainier 180s are at .396-.397" diameter and .605-.606" in length. The RMRs are the same diameter, but running shorter. Maybe the concave base of the rainiers requires the weight be made up at the top of the bullet, thus, they are longer.