Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polishing new Versa Max loading port.

I stripped my brand new Versa Max to bare bones and while punching out the roll pin out from the shell latch I made a dummy scratch. After that I said the hell with it. I started dremeling the loading port. After an hour the dremel cut our after overheating. Spent some more time with sandpaper and wheel polish. This is my result, should I buy another dremel and open it up some more? I also plan on cerakoting it, what color should I do the receiver? I was thinking dark gray like the inserts of the handguards.

Thanks guys.

post-47564-0-88190100-1367795807_thumb.j

Put it back together, practice with it, and shoot a match or two before you take more off. You may find you like where its at, or maybe you'll notice you want to remove more material from one place specifically. Its about what works for you and your gun, not what everyone else thinks.

You will probably want more, but the above post is very good advice. If your loading hand comes from the right or left side, you may want more on one side than the other. Feel form pressure and what moves your hand as you load at speed and go from there.

Personally, I like the contrast...helps me see the loading port better, especially in the odd lighting conditions...so I would not re-color the exposed metal myself.

You will probably want more, but the above post is very good advice. If your loading hand comes from the right or left side, you may want more on one side than the other. Feel form pressure and what moves your hand as you load at speed and go from there.Personally, I like the contrast...helps me see the loading port better, especially in the odd lighting conditions...so I would not re-color the exposed metal myself.

Thanks. Hey looking forward to get my versa tube when you ship it! ;)